1Password Beta for Windows 10, fails to lauch with Activtion failed

DanielY
DanielY
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

On a new Lenovo ThinkPad P50s laptop running Windows 10 Pro build 10.0.10586.0. I've installed the 1Password Beta for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store. When I attempted to launch the app, I get a quick flash and nothing. I've tried several times. I've looked into Event View and I find the following error with Event ID: 5973
Activation of app DC5C6510.1PasswordAlpha_2v019pwa6amcg!App failed with error: Access is denied. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

When I look in Event Viewer under Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log I find this error with the Event ID: 5985
ActivateApplicationForContractByAppIdAsUserWithHost of the app DC5C6510.1PasswordAlpha_2v019pwa6amcg!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with Access is denied.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.10586.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:activation failed

Comments

• Hi @DanielY,

A few questions:

1. Are you the only user on the computer or is this a work computer? It is saying you don't have any rights to run the program, it might happen if you've tried to install it under a different account than the one you're using right now to open 1Password.
    2. Can you install any other apps from the Windows Store, is the 1Password app the only one that's showing this issue?
    3. Could you try uninstalling the app and install it again with the same account if you can.
  • DanielY
    DanielY
    Community Member

1 & 3. I've setup the computer as a local user, I then joined it to a domain and have my domain account on there. I forgot that I've installed 1Password Beta on the local account too. I've uninstalled 1Password from the local user account and my domain account. I've reinstalled it only on my domain account and I'm getting the same error.
    My domain account has domain administrator rights so I have full permission on this computer.
    2. I have installed Evernote and Wunderlist from the Microsoft Store and they both work.

• Hi @DanielY,

Is there an anti-malware solution installed on the computer? If yes, can you check the logs to see if it blocked anything related to 1Password?

If nothing in the logs, try disconnecting the network and then disable the anti-malware solution completely before opening 1Password again to see if it'd work.

• DanielY
    DanielY
    Community Member

I think that was it. I have Avast Business Security and when I disabled it I was able to open 1Password. I'm trying to figure out how to whitelist the app but I'm having problems trying to figure out where the 1Password Beta app is located on my hard drive.

• @DanielY 1Password is Windows Store app, by default system puts them at "‪C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"

This discussion has been closed.