TOTP

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,
could you please add TOTP support to the android APP? Thank you very much :)

Comments

• Hey @ntimo, thanks for getting in touch with us. TOTP support was recently added to our Windows (beta) and iOS versions,and we're looking into the possibility of adding it on Android as well.

I'll add your vote! :)

• mtakacs
    mtakacs
    Community Member
    Options

If you do, id like to vote that you support something generic like Google Authenticator. I hate when a service requires me to download their own custom implementation TOTP*.

• Time-based One-time Password Algorithm
  • saad
    edited February 2015
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @mtakacs! We will be looking over Google Authenticator for TOTP implementation.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

When will you add the option to add TOTP's within the app. Because I dont know to to add them from the desktop client :D

• peri
    Options

Hey @ntimo. While we are hoping to add support for adding TOTP in 1Password 4 for Android in the future, we can't make any promises just yet. I'll add your vote for it though! :)

I'd also like to recommend checking out our user guide for adding them in iOS, and our blog post on TOTP in 1Password 4 for Windows.

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member
    Options

I think android is the only OS version were it's not possible to add TOTP fields...it would make sense that adding that feature to android would be a high(er) priority.

• saad
    Options

We are looking into the ability to support adding new custom fields on Android. Once this implementation is complete, adding new TOTP fields on Android should be straight-forward! :+1:

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member
    Options

@saad good to know, thanks!

• saad
    edited August 2015
    Options

You're very welcome! :)

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add to the votes, I too would love to see support for adding a TOTP through 1Password on Android (I realize it now has a viewer, but scanning a TOTP from my phone is much easier than typing it into my desktop client :wink:).

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the :+1:, @brettcannon! I'll pass it along to the team.

• rainman
    rainman
    Community Member
    Options

This is definitely something I'd also like to request. Being able to add TOTP on Android would be great!

• peri
    Options

It would indeed be great. Thanks for the vote, @rainman!

This discussion has been closed.