Five notifications from TestFlight [confirmed; reaching out to Apple, status updated when known]

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2016 in iOS

In today's build and the previous build I got five messages from Test Flight at the same time, all to the same eddress.

Anyone else have this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Yep, pretty annoying huh! I was in the theatre and my phone kept buzzing like crazy with all the emails and notifications. Silent, but buzzing.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TomWolsky and @smallcheese,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. :+1:

We've been experiencing the same issue too and are actively investigating it.

Cheers!

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thank you.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the quick response, @TomWolsky.

Please keep us posted and do let us know if you're experiencing issues with other TestFlight beta apps.

All the Best,

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Rad I only get one email when Forecast Bar submits a new beta update, if that helps. 1Password updates do seem to come in multiples as the others were saying. The build prior to yesterday's came with three emails I think. It's no big deal.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much for this info, @iamecho :+1: I'll share it with the rest of the team, so we can try and determine if there's something wrong that we do on our end.

Cheers!

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Down to two.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @TomWolsky for the update. Most of us received 2 notifications for the last beta as well. We are still trying to figure out why multiple notifications are sent in the first place.

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

I don't think it's something you can fix. I've received multiple notifications for other apps as well.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Possibly related. I received two messages from Dave Teare yesterday, one to .mac and one to .me.

• Thanks for letting us know @eh801. If it happens again with today's beta we'll be reaching out to Apple ourselves.

@TomWolsky I don't believe that's related, you can safely unsubscribe from one of those addresses.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks. Will do.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

It has happened with today's beta.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Just as a pre-emptive on this. We're aware it happened again and will be reaching out to Apple, like MrRooni mentioned above. Sorry about that folks. I looked through all the settings and I see nothing that allows me to not ping you all multiple times :) My understanding is that it should just let you know via email and push depending on your settings and do so only once. Hopefully we can find a solution though.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@AGKyle Makes me feel very important, I don't mind at all :)

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho you are important! And so is your time - that's why it's important for us to figure out why our lovely beta testers are getting spammed with multiple notifications. Hope this is getting resolved soon.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Now the beta has disappeared from TestFlight but multiple email notifications still occur.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Hi,

I also got multiple notifications, which seems to be a known issue. But following the notification, I see an "Expired" notice (and there's no 1Password app in the TestFlight overview visible to me).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Holger

Edit: Link from fourth notification worked.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

I've been getting the multiple notifications as well. I got three tonight, and now 1Password has disappeared from TestFlight. Force quitting nor a phone restart helped.

• allosunshine
    allosunshine
    Community Member

Same as jmreekes here.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @HRD, @holgr, @jmreekes, @allosunshine for reporting it. There was an issue with the latest 1Password beta not showing up but that should be resolved now. Can you confirm this? Do you see the app now and can install it?

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

@Winnie Yep! I can see it in TestFlight, it downloaded and it's working. :)

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Perfect! Thanks for confirming @holgr ! Have a wonderful weekend.

• allosunshine
    allosunshine
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@Winnie Can be seen and installed now, also only 1 notification as well. Thanks.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@Winnie Update looks great!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@allosunshine great, that is progress :) Thanks for sharing.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

I've got the latest beta installed now. Thanks @Winnie

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Just received 5 TestFlight push notifications on my phone.

Not a bit issue but funny to see them all come in at once! :-)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

The irony of this is, every time there is a new test flight release I now get 5+ notifications about updates on this thread as well as all the notifications!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ha! Me too! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.