Auto-submit not working in Windows/Chrome

I can't get auto-submit to work on any Chrome page (haven't tried other browsers). Auto-Submit is enabled in Settings. Please help!

Vlad

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• bluesjumper
    bluesjumper
    Community Member

I forgot to mention that I do run Sophos and have it configured to allow 127.0.0.1

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bluesjumper,

Just to make sure we're not confusing terminology at all. Are you saying that you're visiting a login page and after instructing 1Password to fill e.g. using the keyboard shortcut ctrl + ` it does fill the relevant fields but then doesn't submit the form to log you in?

How many different Login items are you experiencing this with? The reason I ask is even though you can have auto-submit enabled from in the preferences an item can be individually set to never submit too, a way of saying this Login item is an exception to the global preference. If you edit an item from inside 1Password for Windows you will see a drop down menu option titled Submit. The default is if auto-submit is ON but if it is set to Never then the global preference won't have any impact.

Does any of this help make sense of what you're seeing?

• bluesjumper
    bluesjumper
    Community Member

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how it is supposed to work. I came from Roboform where I could visit a web page and it could automatically submit the login info. Keyboard shortcut does successfully fill and submit. There's no way for 1Password to automatically submit without me having to use mouse/keyboard?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bluesjumper,

We purposely don't fill a page when it's loaded. Years ago it was found to be a security issue and at the time the only browser that came out of the whole thing looking good was actually Opera. I was a very smug Opera user back then as a result :tongue:

We offer two general approaches to filling. The first is the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ which instructs 1Password to fill the currently open page. If you only have one matching Login item you won't see any User Interface (UI), 1Password will just fill. If you have more than one matching Login item the 1Password mini menu will pop up and ask you which you want to do. The other filling option is when you click on the website field stored in a Login item. This is called open and fill and it instructs 1Password to first pass the stored URL to your default browser and once the page has loaded to then fill but only the specific page based on the URL stored in 1Password. The difference between filling the fields automatically like Roboform is subtle and I personally don't use this option much, I prefer the keyboard shortcut ⌘\

Does that help at all?

• bluesjumper
    bluesjumper
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Is there FAQ or manual on open and fill, or can you explain it one more time? (I'm on Windows PC, not Mac). When I'm on web form and I right mouse click on field, I see 1Password in context menu, and if I click on that I see the login (same as if just clicking on the Chrome browser extension icon). This is not what you mean by open and fill?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Hi, @bluesjumper. "Open and fill" is the feature where 1Password can have your browser open a page and after it loads, 1Password will automatically fill the details from that item. You can do this by searching in the 1Password helper and selecting an item for a site you're not currently viewing or by clicking a URL in the main application. To make the most of this feature, it helps to have the login page saved as the URL for the entry. For instance, if you created an Amazon.com Login in the main application, you might have set the URL as just https://www.amazon.com. If this is the case, just locate the login page in your browser and copy it to the entry in 1Password. You can read more about the browser extension in our support site and there is even a video that covers open and fill (née "go & fill").

I hope that helps.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.