Secure notes editing malfunction

I want to edit a page in my secure notes folder. When I click edit, the entire page goes black.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@deschmidt it's impossible to diagnose problems like that without some basic information about your setup. Please tell us:

Stephen

• deschmidt
    deschmidt
    Community Member

Thanks for responding, Stephen. I have 1Password 3 version 3.8.22 running on OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@deschmidt as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the thread from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

The best place to start is by reading this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@deschmidt: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry for the confusion!

It sounds like you're experiencing a display glitch in El Capitan. 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and discontinued years ago, so it works best on Snow Leopard and Lion. You can find more details in the topic at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

This issue is not present in the current version of 1Password for Mac, so you may want to consider upgrading. You can also get a discount from the AgileBits Store using your existing license:

https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

Otherwise you can continue using 1Password 3, albeit with some odd behaviour on Apple's latest OS. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

• deschmidt
    deschmidt
    Community Member

Thanks, brenty. Upgrade to IP6 fixed the problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @deschmidt,

Thanks so much for letting us know that upgrading got you all sorted out.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.