OSX Frequently pops up a dialog asking me "Where is 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepass?"

GeorgeRuddGeorgeRudd Junior Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 6 Beta

Can you please tell me how to stop this from happening? It seems to occur after I select 1 Password from the OSX top right menu bar...the one next to the time.

1Password Version: Version 5.4.BETA-42 (540042)
OS Version: 10.10.4

Comments

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Hi @GeorgeRudd,

So we can better understand what's happening, please recreate the problem again and take a screenshot of the dialog you're seeing, then remove or mask out any sensitive details from it. You can include it in a reply here by clicking the document button in the top of the comment field and selecting the file you want to share:

Once we've seen exactly what you're seeing we can suggest how to fix it. Thanks!

• sjksjk oversoul

Team Member

Hi @GeorgeRudd,

Thanks for posting screenshot. Now I've got a hunch what's going on and it would help to get a full Diagnostics Report to confirm that before suggesting how to fix it. Please use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate the report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then atttach the report file with an email to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, and do include a link to this discussion and your forum username in the email.

You'll receive an automated email reply with a support ticket ID. Please post that ticket ID here so we can track down your email more quickly, look that over, and provide you with a solution.

Thanks again!

• GeorgeRuddGeorgeRudd Junior Member

I have emailed the diagnostic report.

Sorry for the delay, I am not getting the notifications from this forum and I just noticed your last reply when I was posting a new question to the forum.

Scratch that, I just took a look at your diagnostic report and it contains all sorts of private information about my computer.

Please just tell me what you suspect is causing the problem and your suggestion how to fix it.

Thanks.

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

Team Member

Hi @GeorgeRudd ,

Do you use a third party clipboard manager by any chance?

We've seen this before and there is information in this discussion: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/57038/asked-by-1password-where-this-file-is-2bua8c4s2c-com-agilebits-onepassword4-helper-plist

It appears that "onepas" in that prompt is truncated. It looks like a third party app trying to find 1Password mini but failing. At this point, I think the best thing to do is to open the Console application (in /Applications/Utilities) and the next time that prompt comes up, look in the Console to see if there are any relevant error messages. That may give a clue as to what is looking for 1Password mini.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Yes, I am using iClipboard.

I will try to troubleshoot the problem when it happens again.

Thanks for the link.

• rickfillionrickfillion Junior Member

Team Member

Thanks. Very curious to see what shows up there.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.