Can't get 1password IOS app for iphone to work with Families.

Options
slobizman
slobizman
Community Member

I have migrated successfully from 1 password to 1password for families, and have it working great on my mac and my ipad. However, I'm having trouble with my iphone. On my existing 1password app, I am trying to get it to work with the Families. But there is only the option in Settings for "1Password for Teams" and not for families. When I try to use the Teams part to add the family account, it says "Invalid Login Information". Is there supposed to be a option for Families? I know I entered the correct credentials since I did it with the QR code.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slobizman,

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble adding your 1Password Families account to 1Password. We are working on clarifying the language there so it is more clear that you’re adding your 1Password account details, whether you’re signed up for a 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families account, or both! :)

Now, I’m not quite sure why that QR code isn’t working for you, but I have a bit of a workaround. It sounds like you’re already using 1Password for iOS and are simply trying to add your 1Password Families account to the app. If this is the case, you could try saving your 1Password account information as a Login in your primary vault and then copy/paste the details from the entry into the form in 1Password for iOS.

• slobizman
    slobizman
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thank you, but here's an interesting new development that's more important. I went to log into my the 1password family account and it that is now not accepting my credentials. I have them saved in one password and what I input is correct. I even pulled up my Emergency Kit PDF and copied and pasted the Account Key in (with the dashes, right? that's what I did). I know for sure I've corrected keyed in my proper email address and master password. Just to be sure, I even copied and pasted those in from my 1pw account. Still, I get:

"Cannot sign in. Your Account Key or email address is incorrect."

• slobizman
    slobizman
    Community Member
    Options

IMPOTANT!

Okay, it's getting worse! I went on to my ipad, which was previously set up to access my family accounts in 1password (set that up with the Q code). Well, when I started the app, I watched it begin to remove ALL of my passwords from my Personal Vault -- very surreal watching it. I left one login that was in my Primary vault. I assume that is because the app no longer liked the Account Key that it was set up with (with Q Code), as it doesn't like it on the website either. This is very scary. I still have the logins in the 1password Mac app, but I'm afraid to do anything because I could lose all my logins!

My guess is that somehow the Access Key that allowed me to log in originally after migrating to Families, and the set my ipad up with, has changed. That's the only explanation I have.

Should I send you privately my Emergency Kit?

(Might be away from computer for an hour...)

• slobizman
    slobizman
    Community Member
    Options

I thought about this further on a walk...

The reason all the logins on my iphone started removing themselves from my vault is that since the 1pw app is no longer liking my Access Key, and I had previously moved all my logins from the Primary vault to the Personal vault, nothing exists any longer in the Primary vault, and the app can only show me what is in the Primary vault since it doesn't think I have a Families account. And that's nada.

So, I just went back to the 1password app on my iphone to try again. I used the QR code. I could see that it did indeed put the correct information (according to my Emergency Kit). Still tells me invalid email or Account Key.

I even used the "Find your account" link on the family web login page and it emailed me and told me that the email address I am using is correct, and at least the leading characters of the Account Key match what is in the Emergency kit as well.

The only way I can get to my logins now is to use the Mac Chrome browser extension to access them on my macbook. I am afraid to click on the 1pw app in my Doc. for fear of losing access, like on my other devices. At some point soon, I'm sure it's going to make me log into the 1PW Mac app again, and then I'll be completely screwed as it won't let me back in then too.

Please, I hope someone can check this out tonight. I need an Emergency Kit that actually works.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

@slobizman,

I'm really sorry for all this trouble.I wonder if you ever performed an account recovery. If so, that would have generated a new Account Key. I don't suppose that is the case, but I wanted to at least ask about that.

Are you able to sign in to your family account in your browser?

https://start.1password.com/signin/

If so, I recommend generating a new Emergency Kit. From the Account menu, choose My Profile. Then click Generate Emergency Kit.

1. Does the new Emergency Kit allow you to sign in to your family account in 1Password for iOS?
    2. Are all your items shown in the web app at least?

For your own security, please do not ever send us (or anyone else) your Emergency Kit.

ref: SYU-82273-588

• slobizman
    slobizman
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know what to say, but all of a sudden everything is working. Got it working for my Mac web, ipad and iphone. Very strange. Nothing worked before, went out to dinner and had cocktails and wine, and came home, tried it again, and it's working.

Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

Cocktails and wine fix everything. ;) Thanks for the update! Glad to hear things are working now. Keep an eye on it, and please let us know if you have further difficulties. :)

Ben

ref: SYU-82273-588

This discussion has been closed.