I have been using 1password on my iPad but I need to move to using 1password on my PC.

Options
JennyH
JennyH
Community Member

I use 1password on my iPad for work. I share a vault with my boss. But the iPad doesn't allow me to do everything I need to. I want to move to using 1password on my PC. My boss will continue to access the vault through her mac.
Can I do this move keeping the same account and logins? Is it possible to use the same vault despite ongoing access needed from a PC (me) and a Mac (boss)?
I'm not very good at this sort of thing so please explain it to me using simple terms!! Thank you!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Moving from iPad to PC

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JennyH,

You certainly can use the same database on your PC as you’re using on the iPad. How are you and your boss currently syncing the data between her Mac and your iPad?

Your first step will be to get a license for 1Password for Windows. You can buy 1Password from the AgileBits Store, and download the Windows app from our downloads page.

Once we know how you’re currently syncing your data, I can give you some more detailed instructions on how to get that data onto your PC. :)

• JennyH
    JennyH
    Community Member
    Options

Oh great!
    We sync with Dropbox.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JennyH,

Fantastic. That makes things simple. Make sure that Dropbox is installed and running on your PC, and then follow these instructions to set up Dropbox sync with 1Password for Windows.

If you’d like a comprehensive walkthrough of 1Password for Windows as you’re getting started, you’re welcome to check out the 1Password for Windows User Guide.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.