Lost Pro features after updating to 6.4 (640010) [fixed in 641002]

ollifi
ollifi
Community Member
edited May 2016 in iOS

After I updated my 1Password beta to 6.4 (640010), I lost the pro features. Also tried to restore purchases, but it couldn't find the purchases ("cannot restore purchases; not made by this Apple ID").

1Password Version: 6.4 (640010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning @ollifi. Thanks for writing in. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• @ollifi Can you also tell me how you installed the beta version of 1Password? At some point did you delete the App Store version and then install from TestFlight?

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

@MrRooni thanks for advice. I'll mail the details. Do those diagnostics reports contain some personal data (e.g. site names, usernames or passwords in (un)encrypted form)?

I installed the beta version from TestFlight. I probably just installed the TestFlight one replacing the App Store version (didn't delete App Store one first), but that was some time ago and cannot exactly remember it.

• @ollifi Thanks. Diagnostic reports do not contain any information from within your 1Password vaults. Here is a sample of some of the information the report does contain:

System Summary

Name: Michael Fey's iPhone 6s
    Platform: iPhone 6S (N71mAP)
    System: iPhone OS (9.3.1)
    CPU Count: 2
    Total Disk Space: 59.67 GB
    Free Disk Space: 28.45 GB
    Screen Scale: 2
    System Locale: en_US
    1Password Language Setting: English (en)
    Low Power Mode: N
    1Password Details

Version: 6.4
    Revision: 640010 (N)
    Premium / Grandfathered: Y / N
    Original Download Date: 2013-08-01T07:00:00Z
    Original Purchase Version: 1.0
    == In-App Purchase Info ==
    IAP Purchase Date: 2016-04-12T20:10:43Z
    IAP Refund Date: (null)
    Vaults

Size for all vaults including attachments: ca. 186.5 MB

Primary (1309 items), Not syncing
     * 960 active items
     * 348 trashed items
     * 1 tombstones
     * 20 attachments

Security

Lock on exit? Yes
    Auto-Lock Setting: 10 Minutes
    Require Master Password: Never
    Quick unlock Enabled: Yes
    Touch ID Available: Yes
    Touch ID Enabled: Yes
    PIN Code enabled: No
    Never clear the clipboard

Logs

Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016
    Device: iPhone
    System: iPhone OS (9.3.1)
    Locale: en_US
    1Password 6.4 (640010)

Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016| 640010 [Unknown App State][APP:(Main Thread):<OPAppDelegate: 0x13e516e00>] S application:willFinishLaunchingWithOptions: | Entering method
    Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016| 640010 [Unknown App State][APP:(Main Thread):<OPAppDelegate: 0x13e516e00>] S checkForLegacyBackup | Check 6 files in file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/80ADB344-BB19-4E53-882C-C1BE1D1BF249/Documents/ for legacy backups.
    Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016| 640010 [ApplicationStateInactive][DATABASE:(Main Thread):<OP4Database: 0x13e510bf0>] S openDatabaseWithError: | SQLite Version: 3.8.10.2
    Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016| 640010 [ApplicationStateInactive][DATABASE:(Main Thread):<OPWatchtowerDatabase: 0x13e5b1990>] S openDatabaseWithError: | SQLite Version: 3.8.10.2
    Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016| 640010 [ApplicationStateInactive][DATABASE:(Main Thread):<B5Database: 0x13e597a10>] S openDatabaseWithError: | SQLite Version: 3.8.10.2
    Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016| 640010 [ApplicationStateInactive][APP:(Main Thread):<OPRootViewController: 0x13e857a00>] S activeProfileWillChange: | Enabling reauth requests for all accounts.
    Wed Apr 20 08:50:10 2016| 640010 [ApplicationStateInactive][LOCKSERVICE:(Main Thread):<OPLockService: 0x13e52b3b0>] @ startWithHeartbeatEnabled: | 

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

@MrRooni thanks for clarification!

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

I am seeing the same issue, cannot restore pro purchase, tried on test iPad and iPhone today. @MrRooni For reference I am seeing this on the latest 640011 as well

• Hello @Wildcat_1. Would you mind sending in a diagnostic report (following the directions above) as well? Thanks!

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@MrRooni just sent ! Have not seen a support ID yet but will post here when I see it. Also for reference, I reinstalled the standard retail version (through App Store) and restored that one without issue, reinstalled the TestFlight beta version over the top and same thing, cannot restore using same ID.

As I edit this comment just saw the Agilebits Support ID come in so here it is: #ZME-28162-399

Thanks

• @Wildcat_1 and @ollifi, I've taken a look and it is what I suspected: due to a recent change TestFlight testers may see their in-app purchases disappear. We will be fixing this in a near-future beta. Also, the App Store version of 1Password will not be affected by this problem.

Thank you for your prompt report!

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni thanks for the quick confirmation, so hopefully something that can be fixed relatively quickly like you mentioned. Again appreciate the swift response !

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni by the way this is a great way to show us what we're missing, not having the Pro Features makes you realize how fantastic they are and makes you wonder what you did before them ! :)

• @Wildcat_1 Yes, of course, that was our plan all along! To make you remember how worthwhile the Pro Features are! (We'll have them back for you soon).

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

@MrRooni thanks! I think you don't need my diagnostics report anymore?

I have to totally agree with @wildcat_1, seeing fewer buttons in bottom bar after updating to latest beta made me crazy and immediately started trying find out what happened 8-)

• Good afternoon @ollifi. Nope, no need, I've got what I need. Thanks!

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Just a comment to say I've got this too during testing but good to hear they'll be back shortly!

• Indeed @rctneil, you should see it in the first beta of 1Password 6.5.

• sun87ny
    sun87ny
    Community Member

Jep, same problem here (iPhone and iPad)

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

Issue is fixed in 1Password 6.4 (640013).

• alovisco
    alovisco
    Community Member

Not for me

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

I bought a new iPad Pro today and I'm also unable to restore my purchases in the latest Test Flight beta.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

I am sorry for the confusion: This issue is not fixed yet - 1Password 6.4 (640013) doesn't fix it. The first beta for 6.5 will fix the Pro features being turned off. If you need the Pro features I'd recommend switching to the App Store version.

Just a warning when switching to the App Store version: if you are using a 1Password account without a primary vault switching to the App Store version will not work as that version doesn't support this kind of setup.

Sorry for the troubles we are causing with the Pro features :(

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member

At least for me, the issue got fixed in 640013. Not sure about you others, though :D However, just noticed that the issue still occurs in my iPhone, but not in my iPad.

• FolsomRider
    FolsomRider
    Community Member

Issue is still present for me with 640013.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, as Winnie mentioned above, the fix will be in 6.5 beta. Thanks for your patience!

ref: OPI-3495

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

In the meantime, download from the App Store and the again afterwards from TestFlight. Seems to work for me.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@Penelope Pitstop mmh, this will probably not last long - a fresh relaunch of the app will destroy this again. And a fresh relaunch can happen because the app was quit in the background because another app needed memory. But a fix will come really soon.

• Wildcat_1
    Wildcat_1
    Community Member

@MrRooni @Penelope Pitstop just tried the first 6.5 beta and unfortunately still does not restore pro purchases :(

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

I still can't reinstate my Pro features in the just-released 6.5 beta. Same error as before.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Still no luck with restoring features in the just released beta.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

No pro features for me either in today's 4/27/2016 v6.5 beta. Tried Restore Purchases but no luck.

This discussion has been closed.