Website is not showing the app vault

Options
DeeAreEm
DeeAreEm
Community Member

I am new to 1password. I have installed the App and added a couple of Logins but when I go onto my account on the main website nothing appears there at all. However, when I open the Chrome extension, I can see them.
Where am I going wrong?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DeeAreEm,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with this!

You said you're able to access your account on our website, so I'm assuming that means you're using a 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families account? If so, but the data you've entered in your vault in the Mac app doesn't appear when you access your account from the web, it's possible you've set up a local vault in 1Password for Mac and entered your data there (a "local vault" is one that exists in the 1Password app but isn't part of a Teams/Families account).

To check that, please open the 1Password app on your Mac (unlock it with your master password if prompted). Do you see your data there? If so, which vault is selected near the top left corner of the 1Password window? If you see 'All Vaults', click on that and select the vault that contains your data. What is the name of that vault?

If the vault containing your data is named 'Primary' then it sounds like that's in a local vault instead of in a Teams/Families account vault. You'll need to copy or move the items from the local vault to a Teams/Families vault, and then you should be able to see it from the web.

Now I'm not completely sure if that's the problem, so I'll wait to hear from you about this. If that's why you aren't seeing your data from the web and you need some help to move data from a local vault to a Teams/Families vault, just let us know. Thanks! :)

• DeeAreEm
    DeeAreEm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I don't think I am using either of the accounts you refer to, so far I have just opened the basic account. Am I expecting to do something that is not possible?
    I have attached a couple of files showing what I am seeing, firstly in the App and secondly when I log in to my account on the web.
    Regards.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DeeAreEm: Ah yes, that's exactly what Drew was referring to! Only data stored in your 1Password Families vaults (Personal or Shared currently, as shown in your screenshot) will show up on the 1Password Families website. But you can use 1Password for Mac to migrate your data to those vaults if you wish. I hope this helps! :)

• DeeAreEm
    DeeAreEm
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Many thanks for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DeeAreEm,

If you need any help at all please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.