Turning a guest into a member

Options
Narius
Narius
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Families

Hi. I've invited someone but they've ended up being a guest. (My fault perhaps?) How can I convert them into a family member in Families?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-admin-access-control, kb:teams-faq, kb-search:turn a guest into a member, kb-search:I've invited someone, but they've appeared as a guest. How do I convert them to a family member?

Comments

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - solved it. Deleted and re-added.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any time limitation for a guest because you said "they've ended up being a guest"?

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @Narius! Glad you sorted things out on your own. Converting Guests to members isn't currently possible, so the workaround you used is best. :)

@guillaumeserton I'm not sure what you mean. There are no limitations for how long a Guest can be on the account or when they can accept their invite. They're treated the same as members in those ways.

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member
    Options

Actually didn't know much about guests - wasn't even aware of them really or even the extent to which they can operate. Kind of cool really. (Is there a limit as to how many guests you can have? Does it impinge on the no. of members?) But in this case I wanted them to be able to share ownership of a vault, so member was my intention.

• Ben
    Options

Is there a limit as to how many guests you can have?

No, but only 2 are included with the subscription price. After the first two they will be charged at the same rate as additional family members.

:)

Ben

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

Why charging them at the same cost as family members. Isn't better in that case to create members rather than guest for the same price?

• Ben
    Options

Isn't better in that case to create members rather than guest for the same price?

Perhaps in some use cases. But certainly there are times when an organizer will want a user to only have access to a single shared vault, and not have their own personal vault or access to the family shared vault. House sitters may be a perfect example of this. You may want to give one or more people access to a vault that contains information like:
    The PIN for the security system
    The code to open the garage door
    The hidden location of the spare key
    The Wi-Fi password

But they aren't really a part of the family, so you don't necessarily want to give them access to:
    The VIN numbers of all the family vehicles
    Everyone's wills
    The location of the burred treasure

Etc.

;)

Guests certainly have a place and it isn't necessarily true that a family member account will always be preferable to a guest account.

Ben

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

You right, but for the same price, i will always choose a family member rather than a guest. :)
    Shared vault is not an issue anymore since we can delete it. (First thing i did in my case).

• Ben
    Options

And that is of course your prerogative. :)

This discussion has been closed.