I see two vaults with same name: one in win10, one in dropbox. Not syncing. Which is my data?

I have been successfully using 1PW for a good while, happily syncing via Dropbox between my Win10 laptop, my iphone4 and my ipadmini. Then recently I added an ipad2 and restored the ipadmini from a backup. When checking that 1PW was still working I found some problems. I don't know how longstanding the problems are but I think they are recent.

The iOS devices still sync fine between each other.

On the Win10 laptop there is something I don't understand. I can see two versions of my vault located respectively at:
[A] C:\Users\B\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain
]B] C:\Users\B
\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

If I open [A], then I see all my synced data.
If I open [B], then I see data created up to a few days ago but NOT data created today on my iOS devices.

Should I just use [A], the vault in Dropbox? In which case what is [B] doing there? Why did it used to sync, but no longer? Should I delete it?

Or should I use [B], the vault in Documents? In which case how do I kickstart syncing between [A] and [B}?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brendan

1Password Version: win 4.60.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync via db. works for ios devices, not any more apparently on win10 laptop.

Comments

• Hi @brendan_bowles - The correct vault that is syncing with your iOS devices is the one in your Dropbox folder. 1Password for Windows doesn't sync as such, it writes directly to the 1Password vault, there is no local database. I'm not too sure how that second vault in your Documents folder was created. If there are any 1Password items in vault B that should be in vault A you can copy and paste them. To do this -

Open vault B.
    Select the items that you want to copy by holding down control key and clicking on each item.
    Press control C to copy them.
    Open Vault A.
    Press control V to paste them.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.