Sync help on new device

Options

I currently sync my Samsung Note 5 to my Microsoft Surface 3 wirelessly and seamlessly. I have purchase a newer version of the Microsoft Surface 4. I hope to reset the Surface 3 to factory settings and pass it on to an employee. I have updated the information from the Surface 3 to my Samsung phone in hopes of then syncing my phone to my new Surface 4. I have made certain that the phone and new computer are on the same wireless signal and also connected them via bluetooth as well. When I press the sync icon on the computer 1Pass will generate a secret number I am supposed to type into the phone. However when I hit the sync icon on the phone I get a prompt saying, "can't connect. Open 1Pass on your computer and make sure the Wi-Fi sync server is running. I have called Microsoft and they have remotely logged into my computer to verify everything is working properly on the computer. Please help./

Mak

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync help

Comments

• Hello @makzazas,

Sorry about the troubles you're experiencing with Wi-Fi sync.
    From what you're writing you've followed the steps outlined in our 1Password for Android Wi-Fi Sync guide properly.

When you connect the Samsung phone and the Surface Pro 4via Bluetooth, is the PC using the phone's network? Or rather: is the PC suddenly using the phone as a hotspot?
    If so, it might be worth disabling the Bluetooth connection to rule out that the Bonjour service (the service responsible for device discovery on a network) gets confused.

Please let us know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.