Can't open or backup 1Password

Options

I was attempting to setup my 1Password on my PC, iPhone(SE) and iPad then get all synced with Dropbox.
Somehow I managed to sync one of the Apple versions which was blank to my PC.
As I tried to fix that somehow I may have deleted an important file because now when I try to open 1Password "I've Used Before" I get a box "Browse for Folder" . When I try to "Restore 1P from Backup" I get an error message with lots of script.
Should I just delete 1P and reinstall?

1Password Version: 1PASSWORD4
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@dpierce1501 - You don't need to reinstall 1Password on your Windows PC. Let's first find your 1Password vault in Dropbox. We can do this from your iOS devices if they are set up to sync with Dropbox -

Run 1Password on iPhone or iPad.
    Go to Settings > Sync > Dropbox - on this sync screen will be the path of your 1Password vault. You should see something like > /Apps/1Password/1password.opvault

Once you know the path of the vault in Dropbox -

Run 1Password on Windows PC.
    From the lock screen, click on File > Open 1Password Vault and select this path.

Please let us know if this helps.

• dpierce1501
    dpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having trouble with this. Is syncing everything through iCloud another option? I am currently using Dropbox with another process and company and would prefer not to mix my personal stuff with their access to my Dropbox. How do I setup iP with iCloud?

• dpierce1501
    dpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to get 1P open again on my PC with my data.

• LauraR
    Options

I'm glad to hear you were able to access your 1Password data on your Windows PC. You can only use iCloud to sync 1Password on Apple devices. You will need to use Dropbox to sync 1Password on a Windows PC. Please let us know if you have any further questions at any time.

• dpierce1501
    dpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

So how do I sync my Window PC with my Apple devices? or is that not possible?

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @dpierce1501 - you can sync 1Password on your Windows PC with your Apple devices using Dropbox. Is this not what you said you are already doing?

• dpierce1501
    dpierce1501
    Community Member
    Options

Laura, Part of my problem is I have 2 different Dropbox accounts, and I can't figure out how to get 1P to use my personal Dropbox.

• Do you mean the PC or are you unsure how to get 1Password for iOS to access your personal Dropbox account?

If the latter is the case and you have Dropbox installed on your iPhone, then 1Password will try to authenticate your Dropbox account by directing you to the Dropbox app on your iPhone. If you're logged in with your work Dropbox account in the Dropbox app on the iPhone. The easiest way to change that is to log into your personal account in the Dropbox app and attempt the sync in 1Password for iOS again.

Please let us know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.