Online banking interface changed. Auto-fill not working

Options

My bank changed online banking interface (www.tinkoff.ru).
I re-did 1P entry, but autofill still aint working.

The problem that I see on the surface:
1) I need to click on yellow button on top right (labeled "Войти")
not where the problems starts at this point
2) "login" field appress. BUT in order to get "password" field to appear beneath, I need to start typing in "login" field.

hope this helps you to catch yet one more entry quirks for "auto"-fill flexibility :)

Kind regards,
Dmitry

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:tinkoff.ru

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @gendalf,

This is a tricky one. The site uses JavaScript to dynamically generate the fields so the password field doesn't exist at all until something is present in the username field. Some sites generate the field but it's hidden and made visible but I'm literally watching the HTML change in front of my as I type a character. They don't seem to be using traditional ID attributes and the labels also dynamically change it seems. All of that and I don't know how extensive our clues are in other languages such as Russian although I'm sure we have some.

So this site could have any easy fix or it might be a bit of a fight, it's genuinely hard for me to say which way it will go. What I do know is the presence of any character in the username field causes the password field to be generated by the JavaScript and once it is 1Password will fill both fields properly. The reason is without the password field being present we're having to guess what to fill and where and we're guessing badly. With the password field present though the form matches the web form details in a newly created Login item and we use a different filling strategy which works but this does require all the changes the JavaScript makes when it adds the password field to the page.

So I can imagine two possible workarounds, neither of them are great. One is to type a single character into the username field and then fill. 1Password will overwrite whatever you typed and fill with your real username. It's an ugly workaround but does work and I mean ugly in the sense of the manual step that needs to be repeated every time. The other workaround is the existence of two Login items. The second you've already created, it's the one that properly stores both your username and password and the one that would work with the first workaround. The second Login item is one that will fill just the username field and not attempt to submit the form. In a sense it's kind of simulating what the first workaround does. This second Login item has to be created manually because of course typing anything into the username field brings us back to square one. So what you will see below is a JSON for a Login item that I've created. If you copy the entire block into OS X's clipboard you will find a new option appears in one of 1Password's menus and it is the menu option File > New Item from Clipboard and this will create a new Login item in your vault using this description. Once created all you would need to do is update the generic username to the correct one. Filling would like like this.

1. Open https://www.tinkoff.ru/ in your preferred browser.
    2. Click on the Войти button to bring up the login form.
    3. Fill using the Tinkoff (username only) Login item.
    4. Fill using the Tinkoff Login item.

Obviously I hope we can do something better here but we won't know until we get a chance to delve into how the site works and what our code is doing when it makes the mistake. Even then it will take a while before such changes make it into a stable release just because of how development happens. Neither workaround is great but they will at least allow you to fill now which is important. I apologise I couldn't find a more elegant solution.

{"sectionName":"T","details":{"backupKeys":["bCcH\/E1gkgqwD6uqaWdDJiI10MITUA7p7C93AG\/8hnRt4u616u+TQI1GxHidxtj+unqioIzr9tRy3a618Ba7pA=="],"htmlForm":{"htmlMethod":"LB1"},"fields":[{"value":"","id":";opid=__0","name":"","type":"T"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__1","name":"","type":"I"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__2","name":"","type":"I"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__3","name":"","type":"I"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__4","name":"document","type":"T"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__5","name":"","type":"I"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__6","name":"","type":"I"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__7","name":"cardNumber","type":"TEL"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__8","name":"expiryDate","type":"TEL"},{"value":"","id":"accountSwapper;opid=__9","name":"accountSwapper","type":"C"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__10","name":"cardNumberTo","type":"TEL"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__11","name":"","type":"T"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__12","name":"","type":"I"},{"value":"✓","id":"acceptBox;opid=__13","name":"acceptBox","type":"C"},{"value":"","id":";opid=__14","name":"","type":"I"},{"value":"username","id":";opid=__15","name":"login","type":"T","designation":"username"}]},"uuid":"6829A11FAAC84D63894EEA1A3EA7A05C","updatedAt":1461664416,"createdAt":1461664063,"categoryUUID":"001","overview":{"ps":0,"title":"Tinkoff (username only)","url":"https:\/\/www.tinkoff.ru\/","ainfo":"username","autosubmit":"never"},"URLs":[{"overview":{"label":"website","url":"https:\/\/www.tinkoff.ru\/"}}]}

• gendalf
    gendalf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a million!
    Really touched by time and effort into digging this up.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yah, @littlebobbytables is swell, isn't he? Glad he's on our side. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.