Older Windows Versions Support

Options
WazBrown
WazBrown
Community Member

With great frustration I have waited for this to happen. Reading various forum posts and being told "it is a priority"...it clearly doesn't seem to be. I have been waiting since launch to sign up to this service but am going to give up I think. Windows 10 is not a widely adopted OS yet across many businesses and in my view it is a massive oversight that it is taking this long.

Comments

• cotterman
    cotterman
    Community Member
    Options

+1!

I'm fortunate to have Windows 10, but the app crashes so often it's nearly useless. Lack of browser integration makes fully transitioning to Families a non-starter, so now I'm stuck managing my old legacy setup + my new Families setup simultaneously. Definitely feeling a bit duped into adopting Families before it's actually ready for Windows users...

At the very least, AB needs to communicate a timeline for an updated rich Windows app with browser integration. If the "real" timeline is 12 months from now, so be it, but at least tell us and let us decide a course of action.

There's absolutely no way a sophisticated software development company like AB simply does not know what the timeline is. They may not know it exactly but they have a pretty good estimation. The fact that they STILL aren't communicating a timeframe 3 months after the launch of Families is not a good sign.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WazBrown and @Bernfrin, and hello again to @dahanbn and @cotterman. (I just replied to the other thread where you posted about this same issue.)

I want to thank all of you for keeping us on our toes with this. I also want to assure you that I'm not a Windows developer, so my taking time to reply here isn't cutting into dev time for this.

There are some good reasons why we aren't further along, but none of them matter. The fact is that, as Bernfrin said, actions speak louder than words. It's on us to keep working to make the reality of 1Password Families support on Windows match your completely reasonable expectations.

I'm sorry to say that we don't normally pre-announce release dates. It has nothing to do with the state of 1Password Families support on Windows. It's simply a matter of policy here at AgileBits.

If you stick with 1Password Families, I think you will be quite pleased very soon. If it were me, I wouldn't want to undo all the work I did migrating my data, but, as cotterman mentioned in that other thread, we do offer a complete refund if you (or anyone else) would like to take us up on that.

This discussion has been closed.