How do you duplicate or copy an entry in the Windows Beta or 1Password website?

Options
nkpritchard
nkpritchard
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I want to take an existing entry and copy it and then make some modifications. This was or is possible in Password v4 but I cannot see how in the newer editions. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @nkpritchard

Thanks for taking the time to write in! In the web client it is possible to duplicate an item by selecting the item you'd like to duplicate, and pressing Ctrl+D on your keyboard.

I've moved your question to our Windows 10 Beta forum where our Windows folks can give you an answer about the Windows app.

Ben

• MikeT
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @nkpritchard,

The current 1Password beta for Windows 10 do not yet have support for duplicating an item. We will add support for this in the future.

ref: #24

• nkpritchard
    nkpritchard
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, So from within Chrome and 1Password I have tried to Ctrl+D to try and duplicate an entry. Nothing appears to happen? Would this normally work from within a Web browser as I thought there would need to be a copy Button or something on the page? I saw MikeT answer that it cannot be done currently in the Windows 10 App, Sorry, I must be missing something as it should be pretty easy to duplicate an entry for subsequent modification in 1password for Familes and Teams

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @nkpritchard,

[Edited: Removed the previous statement about using the regular program due to confusion with 1Password extension in Chrome and 1Password.com web app]

I saw MikeT answer that it cannot be done currently in the Windows 10 App, Sorry, I must be missing something as it should be pretty easy to duplicate an entry for subsequent modification in 1password for Familes and Teams

1Password Beta for Windows 10 is an early beta of a new app, it's in heavy development right now and not all features are available, including duplicate, right-click, browser extension support and so on. We're working on implementing everything but they take time to finish them. Our focus is on the core database first and then the rest later.

• nkpritchard
    nkpritchard
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, I will re-check as I recently moved all my entries out of my old Windows 1password app into 1password for families, so I'm not sure I can now see any of the entries I formerly had. I didn't know the v4.6 version could view and edit the entires in my new Families databases. Thanks

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @nkpritchard,

I'm sorry, I mixed up your statement as 1Password extension in Chrome instead of the 1Password.com web app inside Chrome, which is why I thought you were still using 1Password 4.6 alongside the 1Password Beta app. Some folks are using the same local vaults between the 1Password 4.6 and 1Password Beta apps and migrating the data to their 1Password account on demand.

Could you try it in Edge and see if you can duplicate with Control + D. Here's the list of shortcuts we support for the 1Password.com web app: https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcuts-web/

Can you tell me what version of Chrome you're using? Some features break in unstable versions of Chrome, so it could be that.

I didn't know the v4.6 version could view and edit the entires in my new Families databases. Thanks

It cannot, it only works with local vault files but does not support Families/Teams accounts. Support is coming in the next major upgrade to 1Password 4.x for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.