Auto unlocking 1Password

asabi
asabi
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I wrote a blog on how to unlock and lock 1Password without entering the password every time.

The solution involves encrypting your password using GPG onto a USB drive, and getting Keyboard Maestro to use the data stored on the USB drive to automatically unlock 1Password when you insert it into your mac (as well as lock 1Password when the USB drive is taken out).

Between this, and the touchID on iOS devices, you can make your password super long.

I hope this helps others,

http://www.sabi.me/2016/04/28/unlock-your-1password-without-typing-the-password-every-time/

Cheers

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing that, @asabi. I always love it when folks come up with innovative ways to make 1Password work better for them. :)

I love that you even took the time to include the warning from our You have secrets; we don’t. Why our data format is public blog post. And the caveats are exactly what I would have mentioned.

I'll see if @jpgoldberg or @julie-tx have anything else to add, but you've already addressed all the security issues I would have thought to bring up. :+1:

I personally won't be doing it, but I can certainly see the appeal!

This discussion has been closed.