Feature request: Optimize Families web app for mobile devices

Options
MDBrown
MDBrown
Community Member

I've been accessing the 1Password for Families web app on my iPad for some time now, with no problem. But today I opened it in Safari on my iPhone 6s for the first time. The font was tiny to the point of being unreadable. Much of the content was outside the iPhone's screen. And when I zoomed in, the columns overlapped. Essentially it was a full desktop website not optimized for mobile devices.

I realize it's not a priority, but please try to improve the web app's readability on smart phones. I'd suggest you either:

1. optimize the website with a mobile version,

2. integrate the web app's functionality into the existing 1Password mobile app, or

3. create a separate standalone app just for managing Families (like Facebook's standalone app for managing Groups)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @MDBrown! Thanks for the feedback. We do have some work to do on 1Password.com for mobile. I'm curious as to why you aren't using 1Password for iOS, though. It will always have more functionality than the web interface because it's a native app. :) What are you missing in the mobile apps that you can currently find in 1Password.com?

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Of course I do use the iOS app. But as a Families organizer, I have to manage my Families account through the web app (family-familyname.1password.com). Inviting family members, granting permissions, creating and deleting vaults, etc.

Unless I'm missing something, I can't do any of that on the iOS app, correct? If I'm wrong, please clarify.

Please open the web app on a standard sized smart phone and you'll see the problems I'm talking about. Thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

@MDBrown Ah okay, just checking. :wink: I see what you mean. I know we're considering this for the future, but it's not in the near future at the moment. First we need to wrap up some other things which I'm sure you'll enjoy as well. Thank you very much for posting about this in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.