1P doesn't notice changing password on account.newyorker.com

Go to https://account.newyorker.com, click on "Edit Profile", and change your password. 1P won't currently notice.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @odysseus,

I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions as it seems the only way to have an account at that site is to have a valid and current subscription to one of their publications. I don't so it won't be easy to test.

When you change your password does the form ask you for your original password and then your new password twice, all in the same form? As way of comparison does it look anything like the form when you change your password at Amazon?

Do you use more than one browser and if so do you find the behaviour is consistent between them?

There might be a way for you to show us what the page looks like without giving away any sensitive information and if you're happy to do so we would move the conversation over to email. Is this something you might consider?

While having 1Password not ask to save your new password is annoying thankfully it should mean that if you used 1Password's Password Generator that you will find there is still a Password item in your vault with the title of account.newyorker.com so that you haven't been locked out. Obviously getting 1Password to correctly recognise and ask is better but as a safety net it's always reassuring that the password is not lost.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

No, the form just has "Password" and "Confirm Password" fields. Here's what it looks like:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hello @odysseus,

I hope you don't mind but I've emailed you with a request.

ref: WSV-73412-325

ref: OPX-1176

This discussion has been closed.