Importing from Roboform

Options
ShoMo
ShoMo
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

still not clear on what to do, step by step, to migrate from Roboform on Mac to 1password on mac. I'm looking into transferring and not sure yet if it's worth the hassle.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import-roboform, kb-search:migrate from roboform, kb:import, kb:import-roboform

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options

@ShoMo,

Download the 1.09 version of the converter suite in Testing Bits, and check out the README included. It will guide you through step-by-step. It will tell you how to export your RoboForm data, how to use the AppleScript_Conversion_Helper to do the conversion, and how to import your converted data.

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @ShoMo! MrC is the master of importing here in the forum. Let us know if you have any questions or issues with the import. :)

• anil_agrawal
    anil_agrawal
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC, thanks for doing this great work of the conversion process and providing us all a great set of tools to do so.

I noticed that under Testing Bits, the Readme pdf file needs an update on page 16 under RoboForm section.

The command:

perl convert_to_1p4 roboform -v pm_export_logins.html pm_export_identities.html pm_export_safenotes.html

should be

perl convert_to_1p4.pl roboform -v ..\pm_export_logins.html ..\pm_export_identities.html ..\pm_export_safenotes.html

Otherwise, the command was giving me errors

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @anil_agrawal ,

You're welcome!

Thank you for the good eye catching my typo. All fixed now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

<3

• anil_agrawal
    anil_agrawal
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, while importing (it's still going...) the data in 1Password, it's been giving me a few messages stating that a particular item already exists. I don't think I had any duplicates in RoboForm. So, I had to say "No" to a few items replacements. It's probably looking at URLs of the items because I may have a few with different Roboform passcards (logins) etc. named differently, but probably have the same URL.

The import utility of 1Password should import ALL items even if there are duplicate and allow users to "inspect" later

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@anil_agrawal ,

It sounds like you were importing into 1Password for Windows. The importer checks for duplicate Titles per category. I don't think it makes much sense personally, and only the Windows version does this. So, I've learned to just deal with the dialogs (Yes to All, No to All).

• anil_agrawal
    anil_agrawal
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC,

Hmmmm... interesting. Agreed!

• anil_agrawal
    anil_agrawal
    Community Member
    Options

Here is what I have noticed so far.(on Windows 10 - not the App)..

1. The user interface is kind of looking cool at first but the text size on the right side is really small
    2. Uses tags instead of Folders. Maybe I am biased using RoboForm for so long, but I am not so sure if I like the Tag system as opposed to Folders. It probably doesn't matter at "the end of the day"
    3. Refresh of items is a bit slow - it takes a few seconds before it shows me items on the right side when I "move" between the "groups" on the left
    4. It kind of tricked me on the "Heartbleed" view/group and the help file didn't tell me anything. Then, I noticed a red bar on the bottom telling me to update the password. But, my passwords were created way after that 2014 event and where is the change password option I thought 1Password had...

Anyway, I digress from the main topic of this thread.

sorry about that...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@anil_agrawal,

The converter sets the date in the past to at least have the opportunity to let Heartbleed inform you that you may need to change your passwords. If you use the --noheartbleed option, your dates will be left as they were (when applicable) or the date you imported.

This discussion has been closed.