My iPhone is no longer syncing to my Apple MacBook Pro

Mike.Heath
Mike.Heath
Community Member

I was previously able to sync my iPhone to my Apple MacBook Pro over the Internet. I'm using the latest version of their respective OS's.

I can no longer do that. I wasn't sure how I was doing this. Your FAQ's are confusing since they convey the only way to do this is via iCloud where the user doesn't have an 1Password account where I do have such an account.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X - 10.11.4 (15E65), iOS - 9.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud(?)
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:ios/sync-over-wifi, kb:sync-options

Comments

• Mike.Heath
    Mike.Heath
    Community Member

I can sync my iPhone 1Password app to my Apple laptop via a WiFi sync on the same LAN. My issue here is syncing over the Internet.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mike.Heath,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues and that our documentation wasn't clear enough.

where the user doesn't have an 1Password account where I do have such an account.

This refers to having a 1Password Families or Teams account. It's the new way to use 1Password and has many nice perks. One of them is that your data is stored on a server, so you don't have to deal with syncing. If you want to know some more about it you can find the details here.

I think that you have a standalone license, not Family account, in which case we can go ahead and set up iCloud syncing. You can find the steps in detail to set it up here: https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-icloud.html

Please let us know how this goes for you and don't hesitate to ask if you bump into any problem! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.