I have a missing vault after wiping my Mac Air, OS El Capitan. I purchased 1Password through iTunes.

LisaWickstrom
LisaWickstrom
Community Member

I did a wipe and reinstall of OS El Capitan on MacBook Air. it took me a while of bumbling around to get my existing password to work to work 1Password, and sync with my iPhone, but succeeded. But only my primary vault is there. I am missing one other vault. I think I purchased 1Password through iTunes, and I don't think I've been using Drop Box, and that folder is empty. Think I've been using iCloud. Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a missing vault after wiping my Mac Air, OS El Capitan. I purchased 1Password through iTunes and don't think I used drop box. The missing vault is not showing on either of my devices. Help?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LisaWickstrom,

I'm sorry one of your vaults is missing after wiping/reinstalling El Capitan and setting up 1Password again!

Each vault has its own sync settings in 1Password, and iCloud sync is only supported by the Primary vault. So it sounds like your second vault was either using a different sync option (such as Dropbox) or wasn't syncing at all.

Do you have that second vault in 1Password on your iPhone? If so, open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Sync > [second vault name]. If it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox, you'll be able to sync it from Dropbox to 1Password on your Mac (if Dropbox is already installed on your Mac, find that sync file in the local Dropbox folder and double-click on it, then 1Password should prompt you to add it).

If you only have your Primary vault in 1Password on your iPhone, do you have a backup of your Mac (Time Machine or otherwise) from before you erased it and reinstalled El Capitan? If so, we can help you retrieve a backup of your 1Password data which includes the second vault.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing back from you!

• LisaWickstrom
    LisaWickstrom
    Community Member

I had been trying to reinstall all my files without using my backup because the backup comes with some issues that I am trying to get rid of. But, too much work to do it that way, so I finally migrated the backup. Now I have the missing 1Password vault on my Mac, but it is still not on my phone. I can see my primary on my iPhone showing 148 items, but they will not open to view them. On my Mac under 1Password Preferences, both vaults show as connected to wi-fi AND dropbox.

• Hi @LisaWickstrom ,

When you say "they will not open to view them" what happens when you try to open them? Do you get an error message?

• LisaWickstrom
    LisaWickstrom
    Community Member

Got my PRIMARY Vault working on my phone and Mac.
    Second vault shows/works on Mac.
    Second vault does not show on my phone.
    When I say "sync more vaults" it just takes me to the purchase options (which I've already done).
    My mac says both vaults are synced with dropbox.
    I've also tried wifi syncing.
    I don't think I answered your question, but I think I'm passed that now?
    L.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LisaWickstrom,

Thanks for the update here. I'm wondering if you actually have Pro Features on your iPhone. Using multiple vaults is a Pro Feature, so if the app is taking you to the purchase options when you try to add a vault, it sounds like it may not be recognizing your purchase.

Please check in 1Password > Settings > Pro Features on your iPhone. If you've already purchased Pro Features (and the app recognizes it), you should see "Thank you for buying 1Password's Pro Features, you're awesome!" and a green box that says "Purchased." If, instead, you see a price tag in the green box and a Restore Pro Features link, go ahead and try restoring your purchase (note that this will only work if you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase Pro Features in the first place).

If you're still having some difficulty, please let us know whether you do have Pro Features enabled or not, and which version of 1Password is installed on your iPhone, and we'll go from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.