Can 1Pass search do this?

Options
carpii
carpii
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

Im trying to search my 1Pass database for any logins where the current password for that site contains a certain substring

There is an Advanced Search criteria to search 'Any Password Value', presumably for if I wanted to include historic passwords

But even when you just select 'Password' as the criteria field, it still searches historic passwords for each site, rather than purely current passwords.

I feel like this is a bug.
Surely selecting 'Password' should only search current passwords, and ignore the history bit?

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carpii,

I can see that you're using 1Password 4, is there any particular reason for this? The update from 4 to 6 is free, so I'd recommend you updating to the most recent version of 1Password. Updating will most likely solve your issue!

If you can't update or still have this problem after updating please let us know and we'll work from there! Let us know if you have any other questions we can help you with :chuffed:

• carpii
    carpii
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Pilar

I sometimes forget I'm not using the latest version 1Pass
    Unfortunately I'm stuck on OSX Mavericks due to driver issues, so cannot upgrade beyond 1Pass 4

If it's fixed in the latest version, that's great. I just wanted to report out a bug if not

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@carpii,

I didn't download a copy of 1Password 4 to test, but you may be able to reproduce this Smart Folder search criteria in 1Password 4 (File > New Smart Folder).

• carpii
    carpii
    Community Member
    Options

@khad Thankyou, this worked fine for me even on v4

I've since tried to reproduce the original problem I had (although I cant exactly remember what my search terms were)
    As far as I can see that appears to be working too

I was probably being dumb, rather than it being a real bug... Sorry to waste your time, and thanks for the help :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@carpii,

Not a waste of time at all! As long as things are working well for you, that is what's important. :)

Have a great rest of your week. :+1:

• carpii
    carpii
    Community Member
    Options

@khad Thankyou, have a great week too :-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.