Dropbox sync works on Mac, iOS and Win (OPvault) but it says "invalid master password" on Android.

Options
Charliebabi
Charliebabi
Community Member

Hello Guys,

First Congrats for the awesome jobs you've done these past few months.

Issue is the following, I created my first vault with the AgileKeychains a while back. A few weeks ago I decided to switch to a dropbox sync which updated the vault format to OPVault.

1) I have never changed my master password.
2) Several of my devices are connected to this dropbox account (a mac, a laptop and an iPhone)
3) I do a fresh install of dropbox and 1password on my Android phone (Nexus5X), when I start the sync process and enter my master password, it says "Invalid master password". My master password still works on all my other devices.

Any idea?

Cheers

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.01
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Dropbox/Android sync - invalid master password

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @Charliebabi. Let's see what's going on here.

First off, can you let us know if you're using any special characters in your Master Password?

Also, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Charliebabi
    Charliebabi
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Peri,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am afraid special characters are the culprit in this case looking at the link you provided :chuffed:

I have just sent you the report just in case.

Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Charliebabi: If that is indeed the case, it won't be something that will show up in the diagnostics. After all, you wouldn't want us to know your Master Password — and we don't want to either! 1Password merely registers it as a failure.

If you change the Master Password to something less "special" and re-sync the data from another device, does it work as expected?

ref: SUH-81663-996

• Charliebabi
    Charliebabi
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Brenty,

I have replaced the special characters I was using with standard ASCII characters, now it works on every platform. Thanks for your help guys!

• saad
    Options

Great to hear that @Charliebabi!

This discussion has been closed.