1Password Automatic Filling

Naxxy
Naxxy
Community Member

Hello, have an issue on both my android devices with the 1Password Automatic Filling. When i turn on the service in the accessibility options it works fine but after a while it switches back to off. Can't figure out how to keep it permanently active it's a pain having to re switch it to on every time....

Happens on my current Huawei P8 Max (Android 5.1), on my laptop with RemixOS (android 5.1) and iirc used to happen on my ex LG4 as well.

Thanks.

Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Naxxy. Do you have any screen filtering apps such as Darker, Twilight, or Lux installed? If so, can you try disabling it and then enabling the 1Password accessibility service?

Otherwise, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Naxxy
    Naxxy
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Hi @Peri, just emailed you guys a diagnostic report from my android phone. I don't have any screen filtering app installed so you can exclude that.

If you need any extra info just hit me up.

Cheers.

• Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you. :)
    ref: UHY-35224-767

• @Naxxy Thanks for the diagnostic report. We didn’t spot any issues in your report, so it’s really strange you’re experiencing this problem.

Have you noticed any patterns on when the accessibility option becomes disabled? For example, does it happen after rebooting? Or after you switch away from the 1Password keyboard?

Are you using any system or battery optimization apps on your device?

• Naxxy
    Naxxy
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@Saad on my P8 Max only the Huawei stock phone manager, but on my Desktop Android no so it can't be that. And like i wrote before i'm pretty sure i had the same issue on my past LG G4 Phone so either it's some app installed that causes the issue or else i have no idea....

Update: i checked and the accessibility option becomes disabled every time i close the 1Password App.

• If you Force Stop 1Password by going into Settings or by using another app, the accessibility option is disabled. If you exit 1Password though the Recent Apps menu, or from the overflow menu within 1Password, the accessibility option should not be affected. How are you closing 1Password on your devices?

• Naxxy
    Naxxy
    Community Member

I'm closing the app simply swiping it up from the "open app switching" screen of android.

• Thanks for confirming that for me. Closing through the Recent Apps menu should not disable the accessibility option. That’s strange!

I reached out to the team to figure out if there is something else that might be going on! I’ll get back to you shortly.

• @Naxxy I opened an internal issue for our dev team to further review this problem. So far, we cannot replicate this experience on our devices, but it’s strange you are seeing it on all three of yours.

One of the possibilities is that when you close an app from the Recent Apps menu, it is performing the same behaviour as a Force Stop. We are considering this as a possibility, but we won’t know for sure until we can reproduce it on our devices.

Until we figure out what’s going on, I would recommend exiting 1Password using the overflow menu within our app to avoid losing your accessibility settings. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Naxxy
    Naxxy
    Community Member

@Saad ok will do while i wait for an update from you guys. Thanks.

• You're welcome! Thanks for reporting it. :)

This discussion has been closed.