Syncing data without Dropbox or iCloud

skpolampally
skpolampally
Community Member

I haven't synced my data to my Dropbox account before, I am now trying to retrieve my account and data into my new android device. How do I do that?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: None
Referrer: kb:lost-device

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skpolampally! Are you trying to sync the data between two Android devices, or between an Android device and a Mac or PC?

• skpolampally
    skpolampally
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt reply @nmott . It's not between the devices. I have been using 1Password on my old Android phone and after the phone went dead, I bought a new phone. I haven't synced my data to any cloud storage before. Is there a way I can use my Master password and retrieve my data.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@skpolampally if you have access to the old device, or a backup from it, there's a chance you'll be able to get your 1Password data. But if you no longer have the device or a backup and never synced the data elsewhere, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to retrieve it.

• skpolampally
    skpolampally
    Community Member

Oh ok, thanks @nmott . I don't have a backup, so I guess I have to build my data again. I will sync my account this time. Thank you.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@skpolampally sure thing! Sorry I couldn't be more of a help this time, but please do let me know if you have any other problems in the future.

This discussion has been closed.