Chrome extension stopped working says not listed in chrome store

Options

I have been using the extension (3.9.21.90) for a long time with the desktop appVersion 3.8.22 (build 32010) and have been very happy with it. Just today it stopped working and said that "This extension is not listed in the Chrome Web Store and may have been added without your knowledge." I went to install the one from the chrome store but it says that it's only compatible with the latest version and I need to spend another $65?! Everything has been working fine until today so whatever was changed, please un-change it. I get that I bought it in 2010 and can't expect developers to support software into eternity but I've gotten my wife, parents and friends to all buy the app and software and am about to look like a real asshole when everyone's stuff stops working.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension stopped working says not listed in chrome store

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bob_ross,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You can install the old extension by starting in the old 1Password 3 app itself.

From the 1Password menu, choose Install Browser Extensions.

That should open the page on our website that has the link to the old extension.

Please let me know if you have any further trouble. I'm happy to provide further assistance.

Cheers!

• bob_ross
    bob_ross
    Community Member
    Options

It is installed it's just that chrome says it wasn't downloaded from the chrome store so it's been disabled.

• bob_ross
    bob_ross
    Community Member
    Options

It won't let me check the enable box

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bob_ross,

I’m sorry this is still giving you trouble. The extension page that Khad linked to should have taken you directly to the Chrome extension gallery and the appropriate 1Password extension. Is this where you downloaded the extension? If so, then there should be no reason for Chrome to complain.

If you downloaded the extension for a page that looked different, please delete that version and install the extension from the link in my comment. Hopefully this will make Chrome happy. :)

• bob_ross
    bob_ross
    Community Member
    Options

It is working again, thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know all is well. :)

If you have any further trouble, don't hesitate to let us know. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.