1 Password 6.2.1 doesn't let me share a password via email. That option was in the share menu.

Options
cawhita
cawhita
Community Member

I want to share a password with my sister, which I used to be able to do as an option under the Share menu. I am on a Mac running 6.2.1 of 1 Password under El Captian as the Mac OS. Has something changed? Do I need to set up family sharing or something like that?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.2.1
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password 6.2.1 doesn't let me share a password via email. That option was in the share menu.

Comments

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @cawhita ,

That option was removed. The reason is that even though many of our customers understood that sharing an item through email is relatively insecure, many did not. For that reason we do not want to offer a feature that implies something is sent securely when it is in fact, not. A full explanation for the reason is here

The only work around is to export the item as a 1pif file and send that as an attachment. Keep in mind, that this is completely unencrypted. So anyone who is able to access that email message will be able to read the item. If you do decide to send it via email, remember to delete the 1pif file after sending.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.