Certain logins cause 1Password to crash

When I click on certain logins, 1Password crashes. I reopen from the crash report, and it crashes again.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:crashing when clicking on specific logins on a Mac running the latest version of 1Password

Comments

• kernreed
    kernreed
    Community Member

Please help as this has become a more frequent occurrence. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kernreed,

I'm sorry you're having problems with 1Password on your Mac! Because you're using 1Password 3, I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum. I hope you don't mind!

Unfortunately, 1Password 3 has various compatibility issues on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), and it sounds like the crashes you're experiencing are part of that. We list some of the other issues you might run into in this forum announcement, which is posted at the very top of the 1Password 3 for Mac forum: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 3 is a much older version (it was originally released in 2009). Our latest version is 1Password 6, and that fully supports El Capitan. I searched our system for the email address from your forum account, and it looks like you already have a license for 1Password 6. I resent that license info to your email in case you need a copy. You can download 1Password 6 from our download site, then unzip it and move the 1Password 6.app file to the Applications folder. When you open it for the first time, it should be able to find your data from 1Password 3. The process should be very easy, but in case you need more help with that, we have more detailed steps here: How to upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

• kernreed
    kernreed
    Community Member

Thank you so much and I will try the upgrade. Right after I reported the crashes, I upgraded my current version. It seems to be performing better as it hasn't crashed since the upgrade. Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kernreed,

I’m so glad to hear that the current version of 1Password is behaving better for you! I hope that this trend continues, but if you notice anything out of the ordinary, we’re always here to help. :)

• kernreed
    kernreed
    Community Member

Thanks for the follow-up! I will reach out if I have issues. I really appreciate Agile Bits staff's time and effort.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.