How do I get 1Password to fill in the correct credit card verification number?

I use my Visa card online most of the time. Everything fills correctly except the verification number; it always fills 261. I couldn't find a card with that verification number in the last 3 years. The verification number displays correctly on my MacBook Pro, browser, and mini. It also displays correctly on my iPhone and iPad.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: drop box
Referrer: forum-search:Keeps filling in the wrong credit card verification number. Correct in mini, browser, and main progr

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @rch2728,

So it might take a little digging to see if we can figure out what is happening here. The first thing I'd like you to do for us please is to visit the following address

https://agilebits.com/store/add_to_cart/108?license=SINGLE

and click the Check Out Now button. If you fill using your Credit Card item on this page does it also fill in the CVV number incorrectly? The reason I ask is our site offers an easy way to reach a page where you can fill using a Credit Card and it's one I use in a lot of our testing meaning I know it behaves. What we're doing is eliminating the possibility of some weirdness on a particular site. If it turns out we're doing something odd on a particular site we'll investigate that of course but as you can imagine that's a very different issue to the one you currently believe you have.

Let's say it does still fill using 261. Can you edit your Credit Card item from inside the main 1Password window please and compare your item to the image below.

Note how the fields at the top of this new item don't have the red delete icon to the left? That's because these are default fields, ones we use when filling so they're protected. We don't fill using custom fields e.g. anything in the sections titled Contact Information or Additional Details so if somehow your item has a custom field titled verification number where the proper value is stored we might have found the issue. Saving the real CVV into the protected verification number field in the top section should result in proper filling.

If it isn't that we'll have to think a bit more about what is happening. We're definitely at the unusual and unintended behaviour if we reach this point so it might take a bit of pondering. I would of course be interested to know if you see anything odd if you create a new Credit Card item or does the new item behave as it should.

I'm sure one way or another we'll eventually get this working properly for you.

ref: LSN-94624-362

This discussion has been closed.