iOS app keeps logging me out of my family account

Options
Valentijn
Valentijn
Community Member

This has kept happening over and over again, the only way I can resolve it is reinstalling the app.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @Valentijn! I'm sorry for the trouble. Could you give us a bit more info on your setup and when this is happening? The following would be great:

• What exact version of 1Password are you using?
    • What version of iOS are you running?
    • Does your account have any issues on your other devices?
    • Have you ever changed your Master Password or regenerated your Account Key?
    • Does anyone else in your family have this issue?

I'm also curious as to what you mean by "logging out". You should be asked for your Master Password (or Touch ID if you have that enabled) after you leave the app. You can change this setting of course. Reinstalling the app shouldn't be necessary if you are logged out of your account. You should be able to just sign back in. Let us know what the specifics are and we'll do our best to help out. Thanks! :)

• Valentijn
    Valentijn
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth

I'm running the latest version of 1Password on both my iPhone 6 and my MacBook (downloaded off website, not app store), my iPhone is running the latest iOS.

Everything works fine on my Mac, just my iPhone seems to have this issue.

I have never changed my Master Password, neither my Account Key. and no one in my family has this issue.

By logging out I mean that it literally has reset the app on it's own, It asks me to sign in to a teams account or sync with wifi/dropbox/icloud. If I try to log in to my team account it doesn't let me (Then if i reinstall the app it DOES let me)

As an update: I've had this happen a total of 3 times now over 2 days. Just earlier today I switched off 1Password in iCloud Drive and in my iCloud iPhone backup, since I've done this I haven't had the problem occur again. I'm pretty sure that switching those 2 off fixed it.

• Jacob
    Options

@Valentijn Thanks for the quick reply. This is really strange indeed. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone? This knowledge base article explains how: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Valentijn
    Valentijn
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth Here you go! #AFK-51744-886

• Jacob
    Options

Thanks @Valentijn. We'll get back to you as soon as possible and keep the conversation going via email for now.

ref: #AFK-51744-886

• Xytal
    Xytal
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to add that this is happening to my sister as well. Got her on board with getting setup on my Family account (she's never used 1Password before) and it has done this two her twice on her iPhone and once on her iPad.

• Valentijn
    Valentijn
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth as another update, it happened again yesterday with iCloud Drive off and iCloud backup off. so that in fact did not fix it

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Xytal,

Could you please follow the instructions in this post to send us diagnostic reports from both her iPhone and iPad?

Please be sure to post your support ID(s) here when you get it/them, and also include a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64113/ ) in the email when you write in.

Thanks!

Ben

• Xytal
    Xytal
    Community Member
    Options

Took me a little bit, but I got both the files. =) I attached them to a single email and sent that to support+forum@agilebits.com. The support ID is [#HWN-77311-377].

Let me know if there is anything else I can do. =D

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Xytal: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: HWN-77311-377

• Xytal
    Xytal
    Community Member
    Options

I see there was an update the other day. Did that address the issue? Issue OPM-3975 sounds like the fix.

I just wanted to double check before I tell my sister to try again. =)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Xytal,

I show OPM-3975 as being resolved in v6.3 (currently in beta). Hopefully we'll have a non-beta release of that soon.

Ben

• Xytal
    Xytal
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff ,
    Ahh, ok! Just the way the patch notes read for iOS version 6.4.1 sounded like it released with that.

Thanks for the update!

• Ben
    Options

@Xytal,

Sorry, I think there may be some confusion. OPM-3975 is a 1Password for Mac issue. 1Password for iOS issues start with OPI.

I looked at the email ticket you have with us and it appears the related issue may be OPI-3534. Unfortunately that issue is still open.

Ben

• Xytal
    Xytal
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff ,

Not a problem! Thanks for clearing that up. Will keep a look out for that!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry we don't have better news for you yet, but we'll keep at it!

• AdjacsDad
    AdjacsDad
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening to me as well – twice in the last 2 days. iPhone 5 running iOS 9.3.2, on the latest version of 1Password for iOS.

• Jacob
    Options

@AdjacsDad Thanks for the report! To help us find out what's going on, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone? This knowledge base article explains how: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AdjacsDad
    AdjacsDad
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth I'm not sure how helpful it will be, as it just signed me out again and I had to delete/reinstall the app. But I will send it along and post back here momentarily.

• AdjacsDad
    AdjacsDad
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth my support ID number is [#DRC-83585-563] – thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AdjacsDad: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: DRC-83585-563

• AdjacsDad
    AdjacsDad
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty for what it's worth, this is now also happening on my iPad as well. Happy to provide diagnostics there if you think it will be helpful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AdjacsDad: Jeez. I'm really sorry this is affecting you on multiple devices now! :(

We'd definitely appreciate diagnostics from the iPad if it happens again....though I sincerely hope it doesn't. Just add the following to the subject line so it will be linked to the other information: [#DRC-83585-563]

This has been a difficult issue to track down. I think this may have happened to me exactly once, but at the time I'd thought I'd simply forgotten to login to my accounts after doing some testing.

After that, you try try a workaround if this is becoming tedious for you (I can only imagine): delete 1Password for iOS, install a fresh copy from the App Store, set it up without an account (this will create a Primary vault), and then add your 1Password Account(s) in Settings. Thanks for your patience and willingness to work with us on this! :blush:

• EazyE
    EazyE
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing plus a blank gray box when I access the extension from Safari. This is on an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3.1. Just sent diagnostics: [#RUJ-39519-654]

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks, @EazyE, and sorry for the trouble. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.
    ref: RUJ-39519-654
    ref: OPI-3534
    ref: OPI-3425

• aford
    aford
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

This is happening to one of my family members in my Family account (on iPad and iPhone both with latest version of iOS and the 1 Password app). They're not technically savvy so before I play tech support and try to get these diagnostic files I'd like to know if anyone who has supplied these files has received a solution to this problem? This issue renders the software completely unusable. You can't delete the app every day and repeat the first time account login - not usable.

I see the workaround to add the account through settings after creating a new personal 1 Password account which seems like it'll only cause confusion for a less savvy user as additional vaults will be created through this process. Before heading down this road, has anyone tried this and was it successful?

Thanks

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aford we are currently working to find a solution to this problem. in the meantime, going through the process brenty described seems to resolve the issue. Follow these steps to make sure you don't have to worry about the fact that the Primary vault is there:

1. Delete 1Password for iOS
    2. Reinstall 1Password for iOS
    3. Choose "Use without an account" at setup
    4. Follow the instructions for creating a vault
    5. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in to the account
    6. Go to Settings > Vaults > All Vaults
    7. Change the "Vault for Saving" to the Personal vault
    8. Toggle the switch next to the Primary vault

That should make sure this problem doesn't occur again, remove any confusion for having non-Families vaults, and save everything in the right place. Sorry that this workaround is necessary but at the moment it's the best option for resolving this issue :(

• Xytal
    Xytal
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff

I see the update today fixes OPI-3534! Yay! I'll let my sister know. Thanks for your hard work guys!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.