How do I create a folder in 1password? That option does not appear in the menu.

Options
larrywilhoit
larrywilhoit
Community Member

There is no item in the menu or anywhere else to create a folder.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I create a folder in 1password? That option does not appear in the menu.

Comments

• larrywilhoit
    larrywilhoit
    Community Member
    Options

There is no item in the menu or any other place in 1password app for creating new folders

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:How can I create a folder in 1password?

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @larrywilhoit! Folders are actually not supported in 1Password Families. We recommend using tags instead. You can also apply more than one to an item, so they're a bit more flexible. :)

• larrywilhoit
    larrywilhoit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. It would have been nice if the support said that. I spent nearly an hour trying to figure out how to create a folder and nothing in support said anything about folders not being available for Families (or at least that I could find after extensive searching).

• semafore
    semafore
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, will this be added in the near future? It's a really important feature. While I appreciate the ability to add tags, you cannot add tags to multiple items at once using the Mac version. Dragging multiple entries into a folder is possible and far simpler. Please add this to family to make it simpler to organize with my family!

• Jacob
    Options

@larrywilhoit @semafore Thanks for the feedback. Folder support is not planned. We may enhance tags a bit in the future, but folders simply don't fit the overall structure of 1Password Families and 1Password Teams.

As for adding tags to multiple items, you can most definitely do that. :) Just drag them to the tag in the sidebar as you would a folder. Seems strangely easy, but it does work.

This discussion has been closed.