Running a dual track 1Password strategy

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I am uncertain how feasible it is to run 1Password concurrently with 1Password Families/Teams and 1Password 6 for iOS/Mac/Windows?

1Password currently uses the OPVault/AgileKeychain. Families/Teams uses a different method for syncing the data. It used to be possible in 1Password 4 for iOS to sync simultaneously between the device(iPhone/iPad), Dropbox and iCloud. I was thinking if this feature can be added back but between Families/Teams and the 1Password v6 apps.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem,

You can always decide how you store and manage your data. For 1Password Families/Teams your data is stored on a server, that's why it's available in any computer. If you have 1Password Families or Teams you can still have locally stored vaults and set them to Sync however you want. For example, you can have your Family account, a primary vault synced via iCloud and a secondary vault synced via Dropbox. There's quiet some flexibility about all this. Please let us know what you think of all this :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

I haven't yet signed up with 1Password Families or Teams. Thanks for the reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad Pilar was able to help. Indeed, it's handled per-vault, so you can use different combinations of Families/Teams, Dropbox/iCloud, or local-only vaults. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.