Master password not being accepted into the iOS app.

Hi,

I have recently created a new 1password team, and am able to login to the website.

I downloaded 1password on my iphone 6 ( ios 9), scanned the qr code and entered the master password and everything seemed to work, also when I log into the website it has my iphone listed as an authorized device.

Now when I open the 1password app it asks for the master password, however it isn't being accepted.

I have tried re-installed the app, which then requires me to re-syncing it but the master password is still not accepted after authorising the device.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nathanblogs: Sorry for the confusion! We don't have a "Teams-only" mode for any version of 1Password, so you need to have a 'personal' vault set up in the app. This is the Master Password you'll need to use to unlock 1Password. Your 1Password for Teams vaults are secondary, so, like any secondary vault, they unlock with the primary vault. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• nathanblogs
    nathanblogs
    Community Member

ah ok makes sense.

I had to uninstall the app to be able to create a vault after adding the team, as there is no option except to enter the master password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, this is something we hope to streamline in the future, especially as the beta progresses. Cheers! :)

• greatergas
    greatergas
    Community Member

Hello, having a similar Master PW issue. Been using teams for awhile and just installed the team vaults on another iMac that had the desktop version previously installed. After installing the team I updated the app and now it will not accept my Master PW. The Master PW works fine on other iMacs and my iPad. ? thanks

• Hey @greatergas! Sorry about that. It sounds like you might have a different Master Password on your Primary vault, which existed before you added your 1Password account. If you don't have any data in your Primary vault, you can simply start over and sign in to your account to get things running smoothly. If you do have data in there, try an older version of your Master Password, something you may have used a few months back or the last time you used that iMac. Hope that helps! :)

• greatergas
    greatergas
    Community Member

By way of update, I realized there are 2 "master passwords" I have one to access the web vaults and used to setup the team and then there is another i have been using to unlock the desktop app? When I installed on the new iMac, the unlocking PW was defaulted to the web vault PW. Anyway, some devices I use a differ PW to unlock the desktop or mobile app and another for the web vaults and on new installs I guess I have to use the web PW? thanks

• @greatergas You will need to use just the password for your account on the team, not any of the previous ones you have used. So yes, you're correct.

• greatergas
    greatergas
    Community Member

OK thanks. I can't see how to reset the PW on my previous devices. Can you help me out?

• @greatergas No problem. All you need to do is start over, as I mentioned before. Here's our guide to help you out:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

Let us know how that goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.