Vault Sync and other questions.

Unicade_Music
Unicade_Music
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Business and Teams

Hi guys,

I took over 1Password from our tech guy, and he wasn´t able to answer some questions ...

1) Just to clarify: When I (Manager with all rights) place something into a vault, then ALL of the
members which have read / view rights can read the item?

2) A new item gets synced automatically and simultaneously (Internet provided, of course) across
all accounts which have read / view rights?

3) Now the important question, something that confuses me:
One of our vaults has 37 items, but I (and the others) can only see two of them, which I placed
there yesterday and today. Do you have any idea what happened to the other 35 items or
why I can´t read them?

4) Is it possible to only delete one item from the trash? I seem to be only able to delete all of them or none.

5) The Master-admin (our boss) uses the Mac App. Can he switch from the App view to browser view?
Or, how does he see in the Mac App which team member can view which vault?

6) I´ve read on it in some other threads:

• If we could delete the "Shared" vault ... :+1:
    (and not just remove members from it)

Cheers,
Lorenz

Unicade Music

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member

7) Not sure how programmable this is, but a main- and sub-vault feature has already been requested by some of our team members. ;)

• Hi Lorenz,

Thank you for your questions!

1) Just to clarify: When I (Manager with all rights) place something into a vault, then ALL of the

Yes

2) A new item gets synced automatically and simultaneously (Internet provided, of course) across

Yes

One of our vaults has 37 items, but I (and the others) can only see two of them, which I placed there yesterday and today. Do you have any idea what happened to the other 35 items or why I can´t read them?

That doesn't sound right. Can you see these 37 items when you log into your 1password.com account?

4) Is it possible to only delete one item from the trash? I seem to be only able to delete all of them or none.

Not possible. You can only empty the entire trash.

5) The Master-admin (our boss) uses the Mac App. Can he switch from the App view to browser view?

If you have the Team account the you can use both Mac app and the browser to access your data. You can add Teams account using 1Password > Preferences > Teams. The detailed guide is here: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

We hope to make this available soon.

7) Not sure how programmable this is, but a main- and sub-vault feature has already been requested by some of our team members.

I am not sure if I understand this correctly. Have you looked at the All Vaults preferences in the Mac app?

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

Hi Lorenz,
    Thank you for your questions!

Thanks for answering them, roustem. :)

Yes

Good.

Yes

Good.

One of our vaults has 37 items, but I (and the others) can only see two of them, which I placed there yesterday and today. Do you have >>any idea what happened to the other 35 items or why I can´t read them?

That doesn't sound right. Can you see these 37 items when you log into your 1password.com account?

No. None of us can see them. Neither the owner via the "master" account, nor any of us managers - we have all of the rights,
    or at least, it states "Full Access" next to the vault, and everything is checked - nor any user.
    Checked on: OS: Win 7, Win 10, Mac OS 10.10 "Yosemite" & Chrome and Safari.

Not possible. You can only empty the entire trash.

I´d like to request this as a feature. I find it´s a bit safer, when you can choose exactly what to delete.

If you have the Team account the you can use both Mac app and the browser to access your data. You can add Teams account using >1Password > Preferences > Teams. The detailed guide is here: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

Thanks. I´ll pass it on.

We hope to make this available soon.

Great.

7) Not sure how programmable this is, but a main- and sub-vault feature has already been requested by some of our team members.

I am not sure if I understand this correctly. Have you looked at the All Vaults preferences in the Mac app?

I meant something like the folder structure we have on our computers:
    E.g.:

• Website Logins
        • Social Media
        • Accounting

No, I haven´t looked at the Vauls preferences.
    We´re mainly Windows users, and I myself am on Win 10, but I guess I´ll have to learn. ^^

Cheers,
    Lorenz

• Thank you, Lorenz!

Thank you for the example of the structure. It seems that you would want to have create multiple vaults: Social Media, Accounting, etc. This is what we did internally and it worked well for us so far. I currently have 8 vaults in my personal account and there are over 30 vaults in the AgileBits account. We have teams with over 100 vaults.

One of our vaults has 37 items, but I (and the others) can only see two of them, which I placed there yesterday and today. Do you have any idea what happened to the other 35 items or why I can´t read them?

You mentioned that you can't see these 37 items online. Do you see them in the Windows app? In this case it appears that the Windows app did not yet send them to the server. It would be great if you could send us more information from the app.

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

Thank you for the example of the structure. It seems that you would want to have create multiple vaults: Social Media, Accounting, etc. This is what we did internally and it worked well for us so far. I currently have 8 vaults in my personal account and there are over 30 vaults in the AgileBits account. We have teams with over 100 vaults.

We´re still looking into how to create and organize everything. It´s more along the lines of being able to give somebody access to one item, without having to unlock the entire vault.

You mentioned that you can't see these 37 items online. Do you see them in the Windows app? In this case it appears that the Windows app did not yet send them to the server. It would be great if you could send us more information from the app.

Thanks, roustem, but I found all of the items. Seems like "Trash" also counts?
    Just thinking aloud here ... would it be possible to separate the "Items" from the "Trash" in the home window? There´s enough space next to "# of items" to write "# of Trash".

Thanks for all of the help, roustem. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We´re still looking into how to create and organize everything. It´s more along the lines of being able to give somebody access to one item, without having to unlock the entire vault.

@Unicade_Music: Ah, that's always a tough one. But there are a few saving graces: there's a lot of flexibility; once you find what works for you you're set; and if you ever do need to change, nothing is set in stone! :sunglasses:

Thanks, roustem, but I found all of the items. Seems like "Trash" also counts? Just thinking aloud here ... would it be possible to separate the "Items" from the "Trash" in the home window? There´s enough space next to "# of items" to write "# of Trash".

On behalf of Roustem, you're most welcome! Indeed, Trashed items are still very much a part of the vault (which is why they can be restored). Thank you for the suggestion! :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

@Unicade_Music: Ah, that's always a tough one. But there are a few saving graces: there's a lot of flexibility; once you find what works for you you're set; and if you ever do need to change, nothing is set in stone! :sunglasses:

You sure said it ... once we find it. :p

Thanks, roustem, but I found all of the items. Seems like "Trash" also counts? Just thinking aloud here ... would it be possible to separate the "Items" from the "Trash" in the home window? There´s enough space next to "# of items" to write "# of Trash".

Indeed, Trashed items are still very much a part of the vault (which is why they can be restored).

Indeed they are. I´d just find it a bit more straightforward. Trash is trash, IMO, even if you can restore it.

Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Eh, you guys probably get flooded with suggestions and requests. But then again, the more the merrier. :p:

Happy Easter.

• The more, the merrier indeed. :lol: If our suggestions were a party, we'd be the best one on the block.™ Thanks for all the feedback. We'll keep working on things, since that's what we do. ;)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

First of all, I want to say that 1Password for teams is very helpful for us. :)

But some more questions have come up ...

1) Is there an official acronym for this? Perhaps 1PfT? I didn´t come across one,
    but it sure is a handful to type every time. I´ll just call it 1PfT. ;)

2) The Boss had been using 1Password for some time now, so he had all of the logins, passwords and whatnot. When configuring 1PfT, I logged into his primary account via the Mac app on his computer, then proceeded to follow the instructions that roustem had sent me above:
    https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

I didn´t figure out how to do that thing with the QR Code (Part 1 of the link), but since moving (not copying) the individual items to the vaults (Part 2 of the link) worked fine, I think I did everything correctly?

3) What happens when we stop working with 1PfT? Do all of the items automatically transfer back to The Boss? Are they still locked in the Vaults? Do they have to manually be moved back to the primary account? I´m asking because 1PfT will cost €5, and since he already has a full license,
    it would be an extra unecessary expenditure.

4) Some of us (myself included) have been eyeing 1Password. for personal use. We´re all currently using 1PfT and storing personal items in the "Personal" vault. When somebody leaves the team, how does he migrate his stuff to his own account? He obviously needs his own 1Password license.

5) I might be missing something, but it´s impossible to "move" an item via the Win app? I´ve tried it, but it´s always resulted in there being one in the destination vault, and one in the source vault.

1PfT Beta vs. 1PfT

6) What will be the major difference between 1PfT Beta and 1PfT once it´s released? As far as I see, it´s going to cost €5 for active use? I think I read once that we would be able to keep old members as "read-only" accounts with no further rights? That would then also mean that Admins can´t change the rights for them?

7) We´re a core group of approx. 5-6 members, who definitely need access to accounts. But we also have twice that number (all interns) who don´t need access to everything, While it would be nice for them to have active accounts, we find it hard to justify the extra purchase. It does add up after a while!

This is dependent on what the answer to #5 is, but what do you think of us Admins handling the Master Password for each team member (above all the interns), which would then be tied to the mail adress they get? We have specific adresses for interns, which don´t change: pma@; pmb@; pmc@ etc.

8) I recently saw the "Guest" feature, so I think we might be using that. There are five guests possible. What are the pricing options, if we need a couple more?

Feature requests:

9) It would be nice, if in the Win app, one could see a list with all of the items, and not only an "All" list for each individual vault. That would be really cool, because I sometime forget in which vault I put an item. And creating duplicates is more than annoying. Forget to update one ...

10) It would be awesome if duplicate items in different vaults could synchronize. I.e., editing one automatically updates the other. And if, in the "All" list, it would only show up as one item. I´m, however, not sure if this is possible from a security POV?
    If not, any ideas how to do that?

11) I´m not quite sure how the syncs work, but offline edits are not possible?
    Would be nice. I don´t always have internet access, where I work.

Cheers,
    Lorenz

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

First of all, I want to say that 1Password for teams is very helpful for us. :)

@Unicade_Music: That's great to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :chuffed:

But some more questions have come up ...
    1) Is there an official acronym for this? Perhaps 1PfT? I didn´t come across one,

but it sure is a handful to type every time. I´ll just call it 1PfT. ;)

I'm not sure an acronym really helps, since 1Password Teams and 1Password Families are really the same thing, only with different levels of granularity when it comes to access controls. Both use a 1Password Account, which you access using your Master Password, Account Key, URL, and email address. And for most people, this will just be "1Password" since the apps are also the same. Unless you're still managing other local vaults, it isn't something you have to think about. ;)

2) The Boss had been using 1Password for some time now, so he had all of the logins, passwords and whatnot. When configuring 1PfT, I logged into his primary account via the Mac app on his computer, then proceeded to follow the instructions that roustem had sent me above:

https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

I didn´t figure out how to do that thing with the QR Code (Part 1 of the link), but since moving (not copying) the individual items to the vaults (Part 2 of the link) worked fine, I think I did everything correctly?

The QR code option just makes it quicker to login, since it can save you from manually filling in your 1Password Account details. But it really only needs to be done once, so setting it up is pretty quick even without the QR scanner.

3) What happens when we stop working with 1PfT? Do all of the items automatically transfer back to The Boss? Are they still locked in the Vaults? Do they have to manually be moved back to the primary account? I´m asking because 1PfT will cost €5, and since he already has a full license, it would be an extra unecessary expenditure.

If you're only using 1Password on a single device on a single platform (for example, a Mac), then a standalone license — especially one that's already paid for — makes a lot of sense. But as soon as you want to use 1Password on multiple platforms and have your data on all of your devices (and accessible through the web browser), 1Password Teams is a much better option, especially if sharing data with others is crucial. So really, it depends on your specific needs.

4) Some of us (myself included) have been eyeing 1Password. for personal use. We´re all currently using 1PfT and storing personal items in the "Personal" vault. When somebody leaves the team, how does he migrate his stuff to his own account? He obviously needs his own 1Password license.

Indeed, you can copy data from a 1Password Teams vault to a local vault using 1Password for Mac currently, and we're also working on adding this to 1Password for Windows as well. But suffice to say that so long as the account isn't deleted, the data will still be accessible through the web interface as read-only.

5) I might be missing something, but it´s impossible to "move" an item via the Win app? I´ve tried it, but it´s always resulted in there being one in the destination vault, and one in the source vault.

It sounds like you may be trying to "move" from a local vault to a 1Password Teams vault. Is that the case? Currently the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app only supports local, non-1Password Teams vaults as read-only, so data cannot be deleted from them.

6) What will be the major difference between 1PfT Beta and 1PfT once it´s released? As far as I see, it´s going to cost €5 for active use? I think I read once that we would be able to keep old members as "read-only" accounts with no further rights? That would then also mean that Admins can´t change the rights for them?

We'll be introducing some new features, and more advanced options for existing ones. But I'm not sure what you're asking about admins changing rights. Could you elaborate?

7) We´re a core group of approx. 5-6 members, who definitely need access to accounts. But we also have twice that number (all interns) who don´t need access to everything, While it would be nice for them to have active accounts, we find it hard to justify the extra purchase. It does add up after a while!

I get what you're saying, but by the same token you probably don't lower your company's internet bandwidth when people go on vacation. I know I hang onto maximum the service level I use so I've got it when I need it, even if I don't always utilize it fully. Not having to worry about it saves me more time and mental energy than the money I'd be saving by fiddling with it.

This is dependent on what the answer to #5 is, but what do you think of us Admins handling the Master Password for each team member (above all the interns), which would then be tied to the mail adress they get? We have specific adresses for interns, which don´t change: pma@; pmb@; pmc@ etc.

That's correct. But of course if one internet leaves, you can delete their account (along with its data) and then send a new invite so the new intern can setup their own.

8) I recently saw the "Guest" feature, so I think we might be using that. There are five guests possible. What are the pricing options, if we need a couple more?

It does sound like guests might be a good fit for your use case. The current plan is to have 5 included with the owner's subscription, but it hasn't yet been determined how much additional guests might be. How many do you anticipate you'll need?

9) It would be nice, if in the Win app, one could see a list with all of the items, and not only an "All" list for each individual vault. That would be really cool, because I sometime forget in which vault I put an item. And creating duplicates is more than annoying. Forget to update one ...

Ah yes, ultimately we want the same "All Vaults" view available on every platform. It's definitely something we're working on, and that I'm looking forward to myself!

10) It would be awesome if duplicate items in different vaults could synchronize. I.e., editing one automatically updates the other. And if, in the "All" list, it would only show up as one item. I´m, however, not sure if this is possible from a security POV? If not, any ideas how to do that?

This simply isn't possible, given that each vault is encrypted separately — and of course not everyone will have the keys! However, it's definitely something we'd like to do in the future if we can find a way to have items shared between vaults (or accounts!) in a way that's secure and doesn't cause confusion when someone revokes access (or has it revoked). There are a lot of things to consider.

11) I´m not quite sure how the syncs work, but offline edits are not possible? Would be nice. I don´t always have internet access, where I work.

"Offline" editing is possible in the 1Password apps, since they cache the data locally. Then when an internet connection is available again they can send the changes to the server. Of course, there isn't an "offline" mode for the web interface. Kind of interesting to think about such a thing, but ultimately we want to focus on making the 1Password apps the best — and most consistent — experience possible on all platforms. We're not there yet, but we're working on it. :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

The QR code option just makes it quicker to login, since it can save you from manually filling in your 1Password Account details. But it really only needs to be done once, so setting it up is pretty quick even without the QR scanner.

OK, great. Then I guess I did it correctly, because everything is working properly.

3) What happens when we stop working with 1PfT? Do all of the items automatically transfer back to The Boss? Are they still locked in the Vaults? Do they have to manually be moved back to the primary account? I´m asking because 1PfT will cost €5, and since he already has a full license, it would be an extra unecessary expenditure.

If you're only using 1Password on a single device on a single platform (for example, a Mac), then a standalone license — especially one that's already paid for — makes a lot of sense. But as soon as you want to use 1Password on multiple platforms and have your data on all of your devices (and accessible through the web browser), 1Password Teams is a much better option, especially if sharing data with others is crucial. So really, it depends on your specific needs.

What I specifically want to know is, if all of the items are put back into the Standalone license. We currently definitely need 1PfT, but who knows for how long. And The Boss will probably want all of his items back.

Indeed, you can copy data from a 1Password Teams vault to a local vault using 1Password for Mac currently, and we're also working on adding this to 1Password for Windows as well. But suffice to say that so long as the account isn't deleted, the data will still be accessible through the web interface as read-only.

Ok, great. The Win implementation will be super.

It sounds like you may be trying to "move" from a local vault to a 1Password Teams vault. Is that the case? Currently the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app only supports local, non-1Password Teams vaults as read-only, so data cannot be deleted from them.

Understood.

We'll be introducing some new features, and more advanced options for existing ones. But I'm not sure what you're asking about admins changing rights. Could you elaborate?

The release will be announced via the newsletter, I take it?

What I meant with "Admin changing rights": As you wrote above, when somebody leaves the team, he still has read-only rights to the vaults he was initially invited. When an Admin (or active user) changes some item info, does he get synchronized, or is he "frozen"?

I get what you're saying, but by the same token you probably don't lower your company's internet bandwidth when people go on vacation. I know I hang onto maximum the service level I use so I've got it when I need it, even if I don't always utilize it fully. Not having to worry about it saves me more time and mental energy than the money I'd be saving by fiddling with it.

True.

It does sound like guests might be a good fit for your use case. The current plan is to have 5 included with the owner's subscription, but it hasn't yet been determined how much additional guests might be. How many do you anticipate you'll need?

If with the release the non-active accounts will be read-only, we might use that for a few.
    And if we do that, we´ll need less guests.

I would have said a bare minimum of 10 guests. But I´d have to recalculate.

Ah yes, ultimately we want the same "All Vaults" view available on every platform. It's definitely something we're working on, and that I'm looking forward to myself!

Great. :)

10) It would be awesome if duplicate items in different vaults could synchronize. I.e., editing one automatically updates the other. And if, in the "All" list, it would only show up as one item. I´m, however, not sure if this is possible from a security POV? If not, any ideas how to do that?

This simply isn't possible, given that each vault is encrypted separately — and of course not everyone will have the keys! However, it's definitely something we'd like to do in the future if we can find a way to have items shared between vaults (or accounts!) in a way that's secure and doesn't cause confusion when someone revokes access (or has it revoked). There are a lot of things to consider.

Too bad. But security does trump ease of use. If you guys ever do find a way, I think many of us would be ecstatic.

11) I´m not quite sure how the syncs work, but offline edits are not possible? Would be nice. I don´t always have internet access, where I work.

"Offline" editing is possible in the 1Password apps, since they cache the data locally. Then when an internet connection is available again they can send the changes to the server. Of course, there isn't an "offline" mode for the web interface. Kind of interesting to think about such a thing, but ultimately we want to focus on making the 1Password apps the best — and most consistent — experience possible on all platforms. We're not there yet, but we're working on it. :)

Really? Nothing happened when I edited an item. Saving just wasn´t possible. Creating a new one doesn´t work either.

Thanks for your time, brenty. Much appreciated. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

What I specifically want to know is, if all of the items are put back into the Standalone license. We currently definitely need 1PfT, but who knows for how long. And The Boss will probably want all of his items back.

@Unicade_Music: I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but if you mean copying data from a 1Password Teams vault to a "local" vault, that is possible in 1Password for Mac and iOS currently, and we'll be adding that capability to the other apps as well.

The release will be announced via the newsletter, I take it?

Yep! We know that a lot of folks are in a similar boat to you and me: they're using 1Password Teams, but anxiously awaiting full Windows support. We'll be sure to let everyone know when it's ready!

What I meant with "Admin changing rights": As you wrote above, when somebody leaves the team, he still has read-only rights to the vaults he was initially invited. When an Admin (or active user) changes some item info, does he get synchronized, or is he "frozen"? If with the release the non-active accounts will be read-only, we might use that for a few. And if we do that, we´ll need less guests.

If someone leaves, you simply suspend their account and then invite your new team member. You’ll have the same the same number of team members so your price won’t change. When you suspend the team member and they will no longer be able to login or receive new data from your team. Currently suspended accounts do not have their data wiped, but they can't login or get updates. This way if you need to reinstate them you can. Or you can delete them once they're suspended.

I would have said a bare minimum of 10 guests. But I´d have to recalculate.

No worries! I think once you do have a better idea of what you need, shoot us an email at support@1password.com from the Owner email address and we can help you work out the details.

Really? Nothing happened when I edited an item. Saving just wasn´t possible. Creating a new one doesn´t work either.

Ah, I'm sorry for the confusion there. It was mostly mine, since I lost track of which platform we were talking about at that point. It sounds like you're referring to the Windows 10 beta, and you're right that full offline caching hasn't been implemented yet. It's supported on iOS and Mac, and we'll be adding that to Windows as well, though currently data can be viewed offline. Thanks for bringing that up! Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback! :chuffed:

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Yep! We know that a lot of folks are in a similar boat to you and me: they're using 1Password Teams, but anxiously awaiting full Windows support. We'll be sure to let everyone know when it's ready!

If someone leaves, you simply suspend their account and then invite your new team member. You’ll have the same the same number of team members so your price won’t change. When you suspend the team member and they will no longer be able to login or receive new data from your team. Currently suspended accounts do not have their data wiped, but they can't login or get updates. This way if you need to reinstate them you can. Or you can delete them once they're suspended.

Thanks.

No worries! I think once you do have a better idea of what you need, shoot us an email at support@1password.com from the Owner email address and we can help you work out the details.

Will do. Though it might take some time, till we get to it.

Ah, I'm sorry for the confusion there. It was mostly mine, since I lost track of which platform we were talking about at that point. It sounds like you're referring to the Windows 10 beta, and you're right that full offline caching hasn't been implemented yet. It's supported on iOS and Mac, and we'll be adding that to Windows as well, though currently data can be viewed offline. Thanks for bringing that up! Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback! :chuffed:

No worries. Yes, most of us are Windows users. We´ll all be very happy once W10 is fully released. :)

May I ask why there is no program for W7? Some of our computers have to stay on W7 for compatibility with other software. Probably time and resources on your part? Or is there a fundamentally underlying coding issue?

• @Unicade_Music There will be a Windows 7 app. We're still working on it, though. It definitely is a time and resources thing on our part. We're a small team and we're doing the best with what we have. Keep an eye on the blog for updates. Hopefully we have something to share soon. :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member

Keep up the good work. :)

• Will do. :+1: Thanks for the encouragement!

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Right, I (almost) think we have what we´re looking for.

The all-vaults feature sure is helpful. :)

But our idea will work best, if you have synchronizable duplicates.
    I currently have some items a couple of times. Slightly annoying.
    I know, I know, security issues ... Dam them!

Anyway, my current questions are on pricing:
    1) Let´s say we have users A, B and C on the yearly plan.
    Now, user B quits.

Does user Bs left over time get transferred to new user D?

2) How long will we still be offerred the Pro plan for the price
    of the "normal" one? The last few days till the free trial runs out?

3) We´ll be going for the yearly option. Year two will probably
    be full price, if we opt to stay with the Pro version?

4) We´ll be charged from the 8+14 = 22nd onward, correct?

5) Will is be possible to have two as Pro members and another three as "normal"?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1) Let´s say we have users A, B and C on the yearly plan. Now, user B quits. Does user Bs left over time get transferred to new user D?

@Unicade_Music: Think of it like a car (or maybe a bus). You pay for the size you need, and then you've got room for that many people.

2) How long will we still be offerred the Pro plan for the price of the "normal" one? The last few days till the free trial runs out?

The promotion will be available through the end of May.

3) We´ll be going for the yearly option. Year two will probably be full price, if we opt to stay with the Pro version?

If you subscribe now, you'll get the promotional price locked in as long as your subscription continues. You'll only lose it if you cancel or switch to another plan.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Does my answer above help?

5) Will is be possible to have two as Pro members and another three as "normal"?

No. The Team itself determines (and pays for) the plan, which applies to all members. The Pro features involve many Team-level features like access control, and there isn't a way to allow access control for some members but not others. I hope this helps! :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

1) Let´s say we have users A, B and C on the yearly plan. Now, user B quits. Does user Bs left over time get transferred to new user D?

@Unicade_Music: Think of it like a car (or maybe a bus). You pay for the size you need, and then you've got room for that many people.

I take that is a "yes", the time gets transferred?

2) How long will we still be offerred the Pro plan for the price of the "normal" one? The last few days till the free trial runs out?

The promotion will be available through the end of May.

Thanks.

3) We´ll be going for the yearly option. Year two will probably be full price, if we opt to stay with the Pro version?

If you subscribe now, you'll get the promotional price locked in as long as your subscription continues. You'll only lose it if you cancel or switch to another plan.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Does my answer above help?

Yes, was answered in #2. I´m not sure why I didn´t summarize the two questions. :p

No. The Team itself determines (and pays for) the plan, which applies to all members. The Pro features involve many Team-level features like access control, and there isn't a way to allow access control for some members but not others. I hope this helps! :)

Ok. I was just curious, since only us admins really need all of the extra features, but the "regulars" only the continuation of their edit rights.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I take that is a "yes", the time gets transferred?

@Unicade_Music: I think it's best to not think about it in terms of time. You simply have X "seats" you can fill, and how you manage that (suspend, invite, etc.) is up to you. :chuffed:

Ok. I was just curious, since only us admins really need all of the extra features, but the "regulars" only the continuation of their edit rights.

Indeed! It's a great question. While the access controls are only available to admins, you can of course give admin privileges to some or all of the members. The access control ability itself is the Pro feature, and is tied to the account. Cheers! :)

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member

Right, then I have transferable seats. :p

Indeed! It's a great question. While the access controls are only available to admins, you can of course give admin privileges to some or all of the members. The access control ability itself is the Pro feature, and is tied to the account. Cheers! :)

It´s also kind of a price issue, isn´t it, if you can´t simultaneously have Pro and "normal" accounts, but instead have to go full pro or full "normal"?

• @Unicade_Music Indeed they are. I'm not sure about the price issue though. Pricing is team-wide as it would be on any other subscription. If you'd like to use different plans for two areas of your company, I'd suggest using two teams. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Unicade_Music Indeed they are. I'm not sure about the price issue though. Pricing is team-wide as it would be on any other subscription. If you'd like to use different plans for two areas of your company, I'd suggest using two teams. :)

And don't forget Guests! It's a less-annoying way to sneak some "free" limited users in there. ;)

As I mentioned above, it's the Team which has the access controls and other features. Much like the "bus" might have 4 wheel drive, Pro determines the capabilities of the team as a whole. They just aren't user-specific.

Per-user pricing on the other hand is just an easy way to break it down by volume, so we don't each have to pay an insane amount for a team with unlimited users when we only need a dozen or so. :)

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member

Is this promotional pricing per user locked in at the current number of users, or would we have to pay full price for each new seat added after the promotion ends?

• dronetrackchasm
    dronetrackchasm
    Community Member

I'm still trying to decipher how yearly billing works, with these other nice folks. If I have 2 people now, then add a third to the team - how does this get accounted for? A prorated increase in the yearly rate? A third 'slot' that immediately bills at the yearly rate and is valid a year from it's inception?

If we reduce our team back to two, then what happens? Can we use exact language instead of analogies here (or point me to the legalese)? Our Controller can't put analogies in the financial forecasts ;) .

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member

Another question: Is it possible to mix yearly and monthly subscriptions?
    I.e. two full time members yearly, and our interns on a month by month basis.
    The latter will never stay longer than two or three months.

• roustem
    edited May 2016

@swivelman The pricing is locked in for the entire team and will stay the same as new team members are added.

@dronetrackchasm The charge for new team members will be prorated until the end of the current billing term. If you use annual billing then the prorated charge will be billed the next day. On monthly billing, the prorated charge will be added to the next monthly invoice. When team size is reduced, the prorated credit is issued in the same way.

I hope this helps.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Unicade_Music,

No, a Team has one billing plan. For your interns, just add them as users when they join and then remove them from your Team when they leave. You will only pay for them as long as they are members of your Team. Or perhaps even add them as Guests if they only need access to one vault.

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member

You will only pay for them as long as they are members of your Team.

Ok, so you´re saying, @Vee, that if we have two full time, and we add another two, that these two will then also be on the yearly plan, but if they only stay three months that we´ll only be billed for three months out of the twelve?

• Unicade_Music
    Unicade_Music
    Community Member

Another question: @penderworth mentioned using two teams. I can imagine having us admins on the yearly plan, and giving the rest monthly plans.

How would that look like?
    Would we need two accounts / keys / passwords?
    Or can they be combined in the browser view?

This discussion has been closed.