1Password fills the wrong fields in browser

Options

Some sites, such as http://www.braxton-bragg.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/store7users.myAccount, have a single webpage that allows returning users to sign in and new users to register for the first time. On this site/page, 1Password becomes confused as to which "username" and "password" fields to fill. On the braxton-bragg site, 1Password invariably fill the wrong fields. Is there a way to encourage 1Password to fill the correct fields? Perhaps there are some details I can manually enter in the Login item?

I have already tried navigating to the site, filling the correct fields manually, and creating a new 1Password login item using the browser extension, as suggested in https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/. That didn't work. (By the way, that article is very well written and generally very helpful.)

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.2.1 (621002) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 1Password 4.5.5 by AgileBits
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:web form fill wrong field, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:browser-extension

Comments

• Mitch
    Options

Hello @cbedgar,

Thanks for your report. I was able to confirm what you're experiencing: I created a new Login item on the Braxton-Bragg sign-in page, and when I went to fill it, 1Password filled in the registration form instead.

I tried several techniques to get the Login to work (created the item in 1Password instead of the browser, edited the web fields, etc.) but with no luck. So I'm fairly sure this will require a compatibility update to the browser extension. I've gone ahead and filed a bug report for you so the extension devs can look into it.

In the meantime, I recommend you use the beta version of the extension, if you aren't already. (Go here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions and tap "Enable betas.") That way you'll get the fix as soon as it's available. :)

(By the way, that article is very well written and generally very helpful.)

Thank you! We recently overhauled our troubleshooting documentation, and that article was one of the results. I'm glad to hear you found it helpful, even though it couldn't help you in this instance. (Maybe we should add a section about reporting sites.)

• cbedgar
    cbedgar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Your support is just great! :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @cbedgar. I will say that we did recently make some changes to the form filling logic that should have better handled this site, which is actually pretty nicely coded in the grand scheme of things especially when compared to some of the more "creative" approaches we've seen. We'll review this and see where our logic can be improved, hopefully for the next version of 1Password.

Also, thanks for the kind words about our support. It really is the foundation of this company and it continues to mean the world to us to hear from our users when we're doing well. If you haven't recently, an updated rating and review on the relevant app store would really help us. Many of us (myself included!) don't always remember that the ratings reset with each release.

This discussion has been closed.