Firefox 5 requires 1Password 3.6.0 or later

Hi followed all of the steps in the pinned discussion on this and it's still not working.

In my version of 1pass (Version 3.6.0.BETA-2 (build 30902)) under 'browsers' I have only "firefox 3" and "firefox 4" not "firefox" and certainly no mention of 5.

When restarting Firefox with browsers disabled (unchecked) no 1pass extensions show up but once I've clicked on the browsers those old unsupported extensions keep showing up.

Your assistance is appreciated.

J

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Hey jstrait,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Please check for updates as described at the beginning of the thread you mention. You are running an older version of 1Password which does not suport Firefox 5. Support is available in the latest stable build (3.6.0) but was not available in 3.6.0.BETA-2.

Please read the thread carefully and let me know if you still have trouble. :-)

P.S. You might also want to be sure you have "Check for Updates" enabled. There have actually been over 40 builds released since 3.6.0.BETA2 was released over 3 months ago. "Include Beta versions" is optional and not required for Firefox 5 support. Firefox 5 is supported in 3.6.0 stable.

20110627-pdw8brpcim2ymejubcn4x73abj.jpg
  • tfitzsmmons
    tfitzsmmons
    Community Member
    Looks like 3.0 will not work with FF 5.0, Any hope?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Hey tfitzsmmons,

I merged your post with the appropriate thread. Please update 1Password to the latest version (3.6.0) for Firefox 5 support in Snow Leopard. There are a lot of really cool feature additions and improvements since 3.0.0 (hundreds, in fact). I think you are in for a treat! :-D

Cheers!
  • Thanks for your response. Unfortunately (as I stated in the first post) I completed ALL of the steps recommended in that thread. That included "Check for updates." When trying to update I get a response that I'm already updated regardless of whether I check "include Beta versions" or not. Here's a screen grab
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please download the latest version manually:

1. Download 1Password from our web site:
    http://agilebits.com/downloads
    Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"
    2. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running
    3. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it
    4. Run 1Password at least once and then your web browser

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!
  • Found the problem... I have Leopard 10.5.8 so I guess I'm out of luck when it comes to Firefox w/ 1Pass?? I guess I'll go back to Safari until Lion releases... I can't imagine upgrading to snow leopard when Lion has already been announced..

Thanks anyway.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Ah. Yes. I forgot that Leopard was still supported in the early 3.6.0 betas. I ruled out Leopard when I saw you were running a 3.6.0 beta because of this oversight. Thank you for letting me know (and reminding me of that possibility for future troubleshooting).

We have only added support for Firefox 5 in 1Password 3.6.0 at this time, so you will need to either use Firefox 3 or 4 (or another supported browser) if you are not upgrading to Snow Leopard. Please keep in mind that as of this writing, Apple has announced that Lion will only be available from the Mac App Store (which requires Snow Leopard). You may need to upgrade to Snow Leopard before installing Lion anyway. :S

They may change this, but as of right now there is no direct upgrade path from Leopard to Lion. It's something to consider if you are thinking about Snow Leopard. It never hurts to wait a few months after an OS release to upgrade anyway, so installing Snow Leopard now would get you ready for Lion and give you several months to wait for Apple to work out any bugs discovered after Lion ships.

Again, I'm not saying you need to upgrade your OS to keep using 1Password. 1Password 3.5.9 continues to be available from our website. We even still support Tiger users! :-) Older versions of Mac OS X just won't be getting all the new features we are adding to the latest versions of 1Password.

I hope that helps you make an informed decision. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.