[Feature request] Display alert when in edit mode and move focus away.

Anefkens
Anefkens
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Hello,

I have experienced the following:

When I'm creating or editing a secure note, and I click, by accident, in the column to the left, all my changes are gone and the note is again empty.

I would like to see some kind of alert when I do this so I have the change to save my work, instead of being confronted with my work being gone.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Anefkens as a writer, I can definitely relate to the frustration of losing what you've written, whether it's an article or a personal note.

I tried to recreate the issue myself and was unable to do so. First I created a "Test" note with the only text being "Test." I saved it, then I edited the text to "Testing" and clicked on another secure note. The update didn't show up, but when I hit Resume Editing the change was still there. Are you saying that if you hit the Resume Editing button the changes you made don't appear? And are you using the latest version of 1Password? The answers to those questions will help me figure out how we can make sure your writing is saved :)

• Anefkens
    Anefkens
    Community Member

@nmott It only occurs when I just click in the white space, not when I switch to another item. For clarity have I created an screen recording.

https://nefkens-ict.nl/SaveContentWhenSwitchingFocus.mp4

To answer your other questions: Yes, I use the latest 1Password app. And no I do not see the Resume Editing button.

1Password 6
    Version 6.2.1 (621002)
    AgileBits Store

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Anefkens thanks for taking the time to make that screencast! It definitely helped me understand what was going on.

One more point of clarification: Is this appearing when you edit a Secure Note saved in a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams vault? I was able to recreate the issue when I did so in my Personal vault, but when I tried to recreate it using my Primary vault, it didn't show up. My guess is that the issue is limited to Secure Notes attached to either of those services, but I want to confirm that on your end, too.

Thanks again for being so helpful in getting to the bottom of this. It makes it much easier to get the right information to our devs :)

• Anefkens
    Anefkens
    Community Member

@nmot As a fellow iOS developer I fully understand the trouble to get to the bottom, so no problem.

I'm using indeed iPassword Families, and the issue occurs on all vaults in my family account.

• Anefkens
    Anefkens
    Community Member

@nmott When you are done with the screencast, I would like to remove it from my server. Can you let me know? So I can remove it.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Anefkens I've watched the screencast, so delete away!

Thanks for clarifying about this affecting your 1Password Families vaults. I'll let the team know!

ref: OPM-4082

This discussion has been closed.