Import Failed (Incorrect Version value has been sent) when copying local vault to Teams

Options
jasonwintz
jasonwintz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I followed the instructions on how to import my old 1Password account (using 1Password 4 for Windows and Dropbox as my sync) into the new 1Password for Families system. I downloaded and installed 1Password for Win 10 Beta. I have connected my 1Password for families account, and then opened my current vault on Dropbox. However, when I follow the instructions to select all my items and share them to my 1Password for families Personal vault each item fails. Here is what the activity log says:

Rendered main page for op://vault. (0.14 sec)
[Edited by MikeT to remove the log]

1Password Version: Windows 10 Beta 2016.3.1600
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Kumnaa
    Kumnaa
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I've tried sharing my existing dropbox passwords to my Families account but they all fail with "Incorrect version value has been sent" in the logs.

1Password Version: Windows 10 Beta 2016.3.1600
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: Dropbox to Cloud
    Referrer: kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:teams-user-getting-started, ug:windows/, kb:teams-families-setup

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Kumnaa,

I'm not sure what was causing this error but I'm wondering how you were sharing your passwords to your Family account. We recently published this support article detailing the steps to migrate which may help clear up the issue you're experiencing.

If you're still having trouble, click the "call for help" button to send us your logs and I'll be more than happy to help further.

• Kumnaa
    Kumnaa
    Community Member
    Options

I was following those instructions and i get an exclamation mark for each password along with that error in the logs. I'll "call for help".

• DonJohn
    DonJohn
    Community Member
    Options

same here... every password being migrated fails with the same error. Following those directions exactly.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DonJohn are you getting the same error as @Kumnaa?

• DonJohn
    DonJohn
    Community Member
    Options

Yes the error reads "Incorrect Version value has been sent." I am using a dropbox vault and attempting to migrate "share" it to my new Win 10 Family Vault.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the trouble, this is an issue on our end. We're working on a fix for this issue and we'll have an update for you @DonJohn and @Kumnaa as soon as the the fix is ready.

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @jasonwintz,

I've merged your thread into this one as you're having the same issues as the others here. As Mohamed mentioned above, this is an issue on our side and we're working on an update to fix this.

By the way, I've edited your post to remove the logs.

• jasonwintz
    jasonwintz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that is exactly the same issue.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome. We hope to have the fix out very soon.

• jafu53
    jafu53
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, here is the error:

HTTP409 PATCH https://vault-name.1password.com/api/v1/vault/VaultID/0/items: {"errorCode":104,"errorMessage":"Incorrect Version value has been sent.","requestId":393467}
    ! (0,24 sec)

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @jafu53, that's the same issue as the others in this thread and we will fix this soon.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jafu53 @jasonwintz @DonJohn @Kumnaa
    We've just made a new release (Beta 21 (2016.3.2000)) to fix this issue, please make sure you're on the latest build and let us know if migrating works for you.

• DonJohn
    DonJohn
    Community Member
    Options

success!!! thanks.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great @DonJohn!

• DonJohn
    DonJohn
    Community Member
    Options

Spoke too soon... the import works fine, ie "no errors", however when I close and reopen, it does not save the new items.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DonJohn, can you see your items on Team/Family vault in the browser?

• DonJohn
    DonJohn
    Community Member
    Options

yes until I close the app and reopen it

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DonJohn, so your items are disappearing from the app and your browser? If the items are also missing from the Team/Family vault when accessed through the browser, than this is a different issue. Could you sign out and sign back into your Team, then migrate some items, then click the "call for help" button and send us your logs; I'd like to see your logs going through each one of these steps to see what goes wrong where.

• DonJohn
    DonJohn
    Community Member
    Options

it was only the app they were missing from... I signed out, readded my family, and they were all there as expected after the sync.
    if you need any other info, let me know.

• @DonJohn thanks for the details, I believe there are few checks we need to do on the freshly added accounts.

• Kumnaa
    Kumnaa
    Community Member
    Options

Worked for me but not very well. There are some 400 items I tried to sync. Firstly I made the mistake of opening my browser after I had seen the first few items sync because it was going to take a while. After a bit I switched back to find the app locked and it seems to have failed to sync anything else.

Lesson learnt so I tried again and stayed on the app, this time I reached the 1 minute timeout and the app locked and the same thing happened. I decided to check on what the vault looked like now to find that everything that had been uploading had now duplicated so I decided to clear the new vault of everything and try again. Deleting took a while but seemed to have worked.

Third time, I changed the timeout to 5 minutes and clicked every 30 seconds or so just to be sure. Everything syncs up and seems to be ok. However I've since closed and reopened everything, the vault in the Windows 10 app only shows one item, the other 400 seem to have vanished. When I look via the website though, I still seem to have every attempt so I have between 1 and 3 copies of everything :(

• jasonwintz
    jasonwintz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in a similar situation. I have only 123 items in my vault. I sync them, all appears good. But if I close the app they are gone--but only in the app. I have resynced numerous times. I have signed out my family account, added it again, and they are still gone. They are on the web version, however, but unfortunately there are multiples of each item now from all my attempts to resync.

• Kumnaa
    Kumnaa
    Community Member
    Options

I've logged in and out of the Windows 10 app and all 900+ passwords are visible. I've deleting them all through the app again but they're not disappearing from the website.

• Kumnaa
    Kumnaa
    Community Member
    Options

Now, after a couple of attempts, it seems to be clearing them off the website as well.

• jasonwintz
    jasonwintz
    Community Member
    Options

My vault items finally synced. It just seems to be incredibly slow. This is not ideal, but it is bearable, but you should put some notes in there explaining this fact so that people don't go crazy and keep syncing such that they end up with many multiples of the same item like @Kumnaa and I did.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kumnaa @jasonwintz I'm glad that you were able to get your data onto your Team even though it was a t considerable expense. We've done several overhauls of key areas in the app to make it possible to implement some big features down the road, and we're having some growing pains right now. We'll definitely continue to make this process more seamless and reliable in the future.

• mobyjames
    mobyjames
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue when copying or moving items from one vault to another within the same account.

• @mobyjames there will be an update soon that should greatly reduce number of that sort of issues. Sorry for the inconvenience :)

This discussion has been closed.