'Export Primary Vault' Error using fingerprint

Rudyard
Rudyard
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Android

Seems that the new 'Export Primary Vault' doesn't work if you logged in with fingerprint scanner. It brings up the following error:
[AppInternalError (INTERNAL ERROR==>Cannot backup, master pwd is not available)]

When I use the master password to log in, it works perfectly fine. 1Password has been given full storage permissions. Diagnostics sent in via email.

Device: Nexus 5x on Android 6.0.1, 2 April 2016 security patch.

Update: After the master password is put in at any point, I can log in via fingerprint to export the primary vault. On the other hand, when I shut off and restart my device, the error returns if I just use my fingerprint and never provide 1P with the master password. Not sure if requiring the master password after already authenticating to get into the app is intended as a security feature but if so, the app could prompt for the master password as a fix.

Update 2: Tested using pin for authentication. On both my Nexus 5x and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet (1P 6.3.1b1, Android 5.1), 1P initially prompts for the master password on restart and there is no error. Compared fingerprint w/iOS: 1P for iOS initially prompts for master password upon restart.

Note: Glad to see large text being added this past update! It helps a lot when having to copy passwords on systems without 1P extensions.

1Password Version: 6.3.1b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Rudyard! Thanks for reporting this and providing us with a complete bug report. I was able to reproduce the issue on my Nexus 6P and I have passed on these details to the team to look into. We hope to have this fixed very soon!

• Rudyard
    Rudyard
    Community Member

Hi @saad, thanks for the reply; I appreciate all the work the team is putting into the app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your support! We're fortunate to have passionate users like you. :chuffed:

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member

Just updated to 6.3.1b2 and this bug is still present. Exporting on my Nexus 6P doesn't work when I unlock with my fingerprint.

• Thanks, @SteBae. We didn't get this one fixed for 6.3.1b2, but our developers are looking into it. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon! :)

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Just updated to 6.3.1b4 (which is also the RC for 6.3.1 according to the changelog). This bug is still present.

Update: Just noticed that the changelog specifically states that this bug reportedly was fixed (OPA-875). But I cannot confirm that it now works. I still get the internal error message.

• peri
    edited May 2016

Hey @SteBae (and anyone else who still has this problem). :)

In order to take advantage of the fix for this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Disable Fingerprint Unlock
    2. Exit 1Password by going to the overflow menu (three dots in the top right corner) and tapping Exit
    3. Unlock 1Password with your Master Password
    4. Re-enable Fingerprint Unlock

Let us know if that does the trick!

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member

Thanks for the tip. Yes this does work. Though this procedure was not obvious to me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry for the trouble there. I'm glad to hear that Peri's suggestion help you get things working again. Thanks for the update! :)

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member

No problem, it is a beta version after all ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.