Feature Request: Wuala

Catcher
Catcher
Community Member
ALT Sync options
I'd also request that you guys look at Wuala. I'd also request that if a poster chooses a title for a topic that a mod doesn't come along and change the title of said topic.

I've tried to follow a couple of topics recently only to discover that the original title has been changed.

I think that on those occasions Dropbox was mentioned...

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    Catcher wrote:

I'd also request that you guys look at Wuala. I'd also request that if a poster chooses a title for a topic that a mod doesn't come along and change the title of said topic.

I've tried to follow a couple of topics recently only to discover that the original title has been changed.

I think that on those occasions Dropbox was mentioned...

Catcher,

Often times separate topics are merged into similar topics that have a different and/or a more general title. Regardless, the topic into which the OP is merged does discuss the question asked.

Wuala has been discussed before, and I know I've personally responded to at least two previous mentions of the application: Security: Cloud Syncing (Dropbox security and alternatives) & Feature Request: Mac-to-Mac Wi-Fi Sync

In addition, AgileBits' own Khad and Scott have responded positively to the Wuala alternative: Cloud Syncing Options & Security: Dropbox Authentication, respectively.

Normally, I would merge this topic into a another thread discussing alternatives to Dropbox (like some of the ones linked above). However, I want to be sure that your request is not buried in an a past thread.

Thank you for letting us know about your desire for Wuala to be considered as a DB alternative. Also, please believe that your requests are not pushed to the side.

As is evidenced by the links I provided, AB does remember past feature requests.

Thanks again for your passion. If it weren't for members like you, there would be few, if any, solutions for future review.

Keep the recommendations coming!

Cheers!

Brandt

P.S. I did change the change the topic title slightly. I hope my edit was appropriate.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    We edit titles in order that other users who are looking for a similar topic can easily find them. An extreme example of this would be if someone creates a thread called "Created on Dec 31, 1969"; this is useless and should be renamed to something like "Licenses imported from Fancy Application have old Created on date". This will help people find the right thread, especially when using Google. We don't do this for our own benefit but for the benefit of the whole community (including you). :-)

What I mean by that is when you have a feature request, the clearer the request, the more likely others will be able to find it and get behind it. (I guess this is assuming you want others to agree with your feature request. Maybe you don't?)

Like Brandt, I would normally merge two "specific" feature requests into one more "general" feature request for this reason. So if someone asks for pink flowers to be added to the main application window, I would merge that post into a thread with other users also requesting floral art in the application.

Part of my job is to advocate on your behalf to the developers, and it makes it much easier to do that if there are pages and pages of users requesting a feature in the forums than if each person makes an overly-specific request but they all get buried because they got no traction due to the fact that people couldn't agree on what color the flowers should be or if the topic title was impossible to find when searching.

I have no problem leaving this thread as is, but I think that adding your voice to a more generic "Dropbox alternative" thread might be more to your advantage in the long run. I will gladly respect your wishes, though. None of the mods or admins is out to get anyone (or remove the word "Dropbox" from anyone's forum topic title). I can promise you that. :-)

If you need anything else, please let me know. I am also always available via PM if you have an immediate concern.

Cheers,
  • Catcher
    Catcher
    Community Member
    If I didn't care about the product I wouldn't post. I don't intend to come across as inflammatory or negative. But I'm allowed to come across as frustrated.

You've got my money once - the trick is getting it the second time.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    If I didn't care about the product I wouldn't post.

Completely understood — understood and much appreciated! I do hope you know that. It's passionate users like yourself that are the heart and soul of AgileBits.

But I'm allowed to come across as frustrated.

By all means. Feel free to vent. :-)

I hope you will allow me the same freedom to offer an apology (both in the classic sense of the word and its modern connotation).

You've got my money once - the trick is getting it the second time.

We would love to have your business for as long as 1Password suits your needs and always strive to make the greatest number of our users happy if we ever have to make a choice between two mutually exclusive options. Thankfully that isn't the case here, so I hope you won't be disappointed going forward. We have lots of great things planned for future releases. ;-)

Seriously. Thanks again for your passion here!
  • Catcher
    Catcher
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    Well the way 1P is going then I can confidently say that it will meet my future needs and those of my household.

I reserve the right to come across as a bit arsey every now and then.

C
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Haha! I just sent you a PM, and this was the perfect thing for me to see after I sent it. ROFL :lol:

I am really glad you are here. You just made my day. :-D
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    Catcher wrote:

I reserve the right to come across as a bit arsey every now and then.

The wife doesn't buy it when I tell her that...... she says I am all the time :P especially when I am concentrating on a subject like 1Password or Dropbox.

Or heaven forbid when I am holding class on Macs with her as the pupil.

This discussion has been closed.