1Password Mini isn't working right.

Whenever I try to use 1Password Mini from my menu bar and select the credentials I'd like to use to login into that specific website it will always redirect me to the same login page, and won't fill in the credentials automatically for me. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password Mini on my Mac. I've restarted it, and both my Mac and 1Password are up to date. However I'm able to use the 1Password mini chrome extension in Google Chrome perfectly fine. I'd just like to know if there's a possible fix to this issue.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ChocolateAndTech,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I'm sure we'll be able to find a solution for your issue in no time. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions to get a better picture.

Does this happen on every page or just some of them?
    If so, in which pages do you find the problem?
    If you have some other browser installed too, does the extension work correctly there?

I hope to hear back from you so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

• ChocolateAndTech
    ChocolateAndTech
    Community Member

Thank you. Yes the problem happens on every webpage. It happens on most webpages I try to login into, like the login webpage for FitBit or my Microsoft account. The extension works perfectly fine in my browser. If I can recall, I think I've had this problem since day one. It's just that I have the problem only when I use 1Passsord Mini from the Menu bar on my Mac.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ChocolateAndTech,

Could you tell me a little bit more about how you are using 1Password mini to attempt to log into these sites, and how the browser extension behaves differently? The more detail you can provide, the better we’ll be able to understand where things might be getting tangled up here.

If you’re already viewing the web page that you wish to sign into, the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ ( Command- \ ) will prompt 1Password to fill your details automatically (if you have only one Login item for that site). If you have multiple Login items, the mini interface will open to allow you to select the item you wish to use - those details should be filled in on the page that you are viewing.

You can also use 1Password mini as a kind of magic bookmark tool. Here’s how I open and fill webpages:

• Use ⌘⌥\ ( Command-Option- \ ) to open 1Password mini.
    • Start typing the name of the item I wish to use. (Search field is automatically active when mini is opened).
    • Once the correct item is highlighted, hit ‘Enter’.
    • 1Password will open the webpage and fill my details.
  • ChocolateAndTech
    ChocolateAndTech
    Community Member

Hi.

Thank you for your response. Whenever I'm using 1Password Mini from the Menu bar of my Mac and I try to choose an account to login into after choosing it from 1Password and while at the login screen for that account on my web browser, 1Password will open a new login page automatically and won't fill in the login information. But when I'm using the 1Password Mini extension for Google Chrome, I'm not having that problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChocolateAndTech: Hmm. Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like Chrome is your default browser. Is that the case?

I also wonder if you may actually have the wrong version of 1Password mini running (perhaps from a duplicate copy of the app, or from a previous version that's still in memory). Try closing 1Password completely with ⌘ ⌃ Q (and delete extra copies of 1Password if any exist). When you relaunch the app, does that resolve the issue? Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• ChocolateAndTech
    ChocolateAndTech
    Community Member

Hi.

Chrome is my default browser. I would think I have the latest version of 1Password Mini since I haven't got any notifications from the App Store about any updates since that's where I bought 1Password. I've also tried to force quit 1Password several times already but the problem is still there. What do you mean by "extra copies?" The only thing I've done is uninstalled 1Password and reinstalled it back from the Mac App Store. In the meantime I'll also try to see if 1Password Mini will work from the menu bar in Safari to see if it just may be Google Chrome.

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Chrome is my default browser. I would think I have the latest version of 1Password Mini since I haven't got any notifications from the App Store about any updates since that's where I bought 1Password.

@ChocolateAndTech: This is, admittedly, confusing. 1Password mini isn't something you download or update separately. It's included in the 1Password.app bundle. However, it is a separate app which runs in the background to make everything work. The problem is that OS X doesn't always release it when 1Password is updated, so it's possible to have an old version of mini running in the background after installing a new version.

I've also tried to force quit 1Password several times already but the problem is still there. What do you mean by "extra copies?"

Sorry for not being clearer. If you do a Spotlight search for "1password", do you see multiple copies of the app? That's what we're looking for. Be sure to drag any extras to the Trash and then restart your Mac.

The only thing I've done is uninstalled 1Password and reinstalled it back from the Mac App Store. In the meantime I'll also try to see if 1Password Mini will work from the menu bar in Safari to see if it just may be Google Chrome.

Sounds good. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• ChocolateAndTech
    ChocolateAndTech
    Community Member

Okay thanks. I just sent the diagnostics report. I also tested it in Safari. It kind of does the same thing by opening a new tab, but it actually fills out the information unlike in Chrome.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ChocolateAndTech,

I've found your diagnostic report and somebody will be in touch soon.

ref: JYT-97965-557

This discussion has been closed.