2 Usernames (Mac)

https://rivercitybank.ebanking-services.com/EamWeb/account/login.aspx?appId=beb&brand=rivercitybank

The link above is to my business bank. It wants 2 usernames and then the following page it wants a password. I have figured out the password part on 2 pages no problem, but I'm have an issue with the first page being 2 usernames. Every time I assign the company id as a user id in the web form details section it removes it from the user id and vice versa. Please HELP!!!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jharrah22,

Thanks so much for including the web address in your original post - that gives us a great place to start! The best way to deal with non-standard sign in pages is to Save a New Login Manually. I’ve just tested with the first page, and those steps do create a Login item that will fill correctly on the page.

I hope this helps, but if you’re seeing something different, please let me know and we’ll investigate further. :)

• jharrah22
    jharrah22
    Community Member

Hello Megan,

Thanks for responding to me so quickly. I tried it out this morning and it worked the first time. After logging out and logging back in later. It fills in my username in the company ID section and does not fill in the other section at all.

I manually entered this in from the beginning based on the really helpful easy to follow guide that you guys provided on passwords being on separate pages as the logins. The issue that I see is that when you view the webform it only allows 1 USERNAME on the right.
    When I select the company ID as the username then it fills that in, but not the other. see screen shots.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jharrah22: You may be overthinking this. In the vast majority of cases, manually editing login info is unnecessary and unfun.

In fact, I was able to save a brand new login for the site as Megan described above and then fill both ID fields with 1Password. It's definitely not typical to have two 'username' fields, but manually saving the login allows 1Password to learn enough about the form to fill it successfully. If that works for you too, you may find that editing the login to add your password is also sufficient for it to work on the next step as well.

Now, I will say that I'm currently using the beta version of 1Password and the extension, so it may be that we've made some changes there that help in this case. But the good news is that once the beta is complete it will be released to you and everyone else. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jharrah22,

While we do support multi-page logins, the support is only for simple pages where you're asked for a single username on one and the password on another. These sorts of pages can be handled by a single Login item.

As the site wants two IDs on the first page you will need to use two Login items, one for the two IDs and another for whatever you're asked for on the second page. As long as you don't add a password to that first Login item you should find it reliably works. I can't make any promises at supporting such sites from a single Login as a lot of the checks we have in place are to ensure 1Password doesn't fill stuff where you don't want it to and we have to be careful with each alteration given they apply equally to any page any 1Password user may interact with.

So the reason both Megan and brenty were having luck is neither they nor I can ever reach the second page were it feels natural to add the password, we're only able to create a Login item for the first page and when it isn't modified it works. Hopefully you find the same and don't find two Login items for this site too onerous :smile:

• jharrah22
    jharrah22
    Community Member

Hey Littlebobby,

I greatly appreciate this help. I set it up as a 2 step process and it works great. I'm fine with labelling them River City 1 and River City 2. Piece of cake and super quick.

I would still love to see the ability to assign both spots as user names. Please pass this on to others to review. In the meantime, I'm happy to use this 2 step process.

Thanks again!
    John

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I would still love to see the ability to assign both spots as user names. Please pass this on to others to review. In the meantime, I'm happy to use this 2 step process.

@jharrah22: I won't say "never", but if you think about it it would likely be problematic for 1Password to decide which "username" should go where. So simply allowing you to designate two "username" fields wouldn't be very helpful. That said, there may be another solution, and we're going to go right on improving 1Password's filling. I'm glad though that this workaround help you in the mean time. Cheers! :)

• jharrah22
    jharrah22
    Community Member

Well I'm not a programmer, but I would disagree with you. In the web form details describing each, it references exactly where to put each username. PS your competition already does this. Check out LastPass.

On another note, I still like using my 1Password.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @jharrah22. While marking two fields with the username designation isn't something we're likely to do because it kind of doesn't make sense to do so in the context of 1Password's use of the username designation, you're not wrong that 1Password should be better able to handle this situation.

I've been thinking about this lately and given the recent changes we made to how we attempt filling, it will make sense to expand this and give the chance for filling with some more flexibility to handle what you're describing. We want to explore this more when we are able to clear the decks a bit and create the space needed to focus on it. I don't have a timeframe to offer for when we will be able to look into it, but I do want you to know it's on our list and we're not satisfied with the situation you're in now.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jharrah22
    jharrah22
    Community Member

Thanks Jamie!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.