Can I remove a tag under FOLDERS, & not one by one?

Options
tarik
tarik
Community Member

After the last MAC update, not today's, I exported all my data to a .Pdf file temporarily, on the MAC. I named the file and the name appeared in 1Password as a tag on all my 1Password files. I deleted the file when I was done with it. I'll never know why all my entries were TAGed.
My only question is this:
Is there a way to delete this TAG without having to do it item by item?

1Password Version: 6.4?
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: el capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:tags, ug:ios/tags, kb-search:tags

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @tarik ,

When you import a file back into 1Password it adds the tag "filetype-import-date" so you can quickly see which items you just imported. If you want to remove that tag (or any other tag), right-click (or two-finger click) on the tag in the left sidebar and choose Delete. It will remove the tag from all of the items.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options

@ag_kevin,

I didn't know this! But now that I do, its both good to know/have but also deeply inconsistent.

If you do the same thing with Folders, it wants to physically remove entries, but when done with Tags, it removes just the tag. So, right-click > Delete in that sidebar seems to behave in two different ways, one which means Delete Entries, and the other means Edit Entries. To be consistent and orthogonal, either right click > Delete on Folders should remove items from a Folder, placing them as un-foldered, and right click > Delete on a Tag should delete the referenced items.

Maybe just change the menu word Delete to Remove Tag.

• tarik
    tarik
    Community Member
    Options

That was easy! Thank you Kevin!

• ag_kevin
    Options

Glad to help!

@MrC, yes, I see your point. I guess it's different because a folder is considered a thing that holds your items where a tag is a thing that is applied to your items. But I really like the suggestion to change it to "remove tag" - it makes the intention much clearer, and I'll pass that along.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_kevin,
    Since you're sending in suggestions on this UI issue, how about changing Delete Folders to Delete Folders & Contents. That seems to be the more important warning. HTH

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @vplewis! I can't make any promises about if or when that change would be made, but I'll be happy to forward your request to our developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.