Failed to add 'person' to the Administrators group. Group is missing its activeKeyset

Options
itsguud
itsguud
Community Member

We have no assigned administrators in our group. It gives this error: Failed to add Pushpa Wanninayake to the Administrators group.
Group is missing its activeKeyset.

I can't find any information on this? How come I'm not an administrator and can't add myself?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:activeKeyset

Comments

• itsguud
    itsguud
    Community Member
    Options

My old developer set up the team vault. He is no longer with us and I have Admin access. I can assign everyone in the vault to be a manager except myself and now I'm paying for his old account because I can't delete him and set myself as manager.

Why can't I assign myself?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Can't assign myself as manager

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @itsguud! I'm sorry to hear he left the team. If you can assign others to be vault managers, I would suggest making one of them an Admin as well. They can then make you a Manager on any vaults you need. This is a bit silly, so we're looking at improving it. Thanks for bringing it up. :)

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey itsguud,

It sounds like your user is not part of the Administrators group, and so you're not able to add another user to it. You might be able to get an owner to add you to the Admin group. If you have any trouble with this, it might be best to email support and we can dig into the specific issue on your account so I can give you a personalized answer; I'm not able to pull up any account-specific details from the forums.

Thanks!
    Steven

• itsguud
    itsguud
    Community Member
    Options

It's actually not letting me add someone else as an admin now... I get this error. Is there a number or someone I can talk to about this. I paid for the account now and am paying for suspended accounts that I can't even remove.

Failed to add Pushpa Wanninayake to the Administrators group
    Group is missing its activeKeyset

• Jacob
    Options

@itsguud I just merged your threads to keep things organized. I suspect this is due to what Steven mentioned above. Give his post a read and let us know what you think.

This discussion has been closed.