I currently have 1Password 6. Is there a way I can create a separate account for my wife and I?

Options
nickjmaloof
nickjmaloof
Community Member

Hello, I currently use 1Password on my Mac and iPhone. My wife and I were looking to create a separate account for our family passwords. Please let me know if there is a way to do this with my current setup or do I need to purchase 1Password for families?

Thanks,
Nick

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I currently have 1Password 6. Is there a way I can create a separate account for my wife and I?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nickjmaloof: If you're trying to setup a different...er, user profile in the 1Password app, this isn't possible. It also isn't something that iOS supports. You can, however, setup a new user account in OS X System Preferences > Users & Groups. That will allow her to have her own login on the Mac, with her own copy of 1Password.

1Password Families, while a great option to share data (and the apps!) with your loved ones, isn't going to enable you to have separate profiles in a single 1Password app on the same device either. Rather, you'll each have a 1Password Account, which you'll login to to access your data on your personal devices.

The only way that 1Password Families might help you share a device would be that on a computer she could login to 1Password.com to access her data if she doesn't want to have a separate user account.

Definitely check it out to see if it's a good fit for your situation. You'll have 30 days to test drive 1Password Families, and we're happy to answer any questions you might have. :)

This discussion has been closed.