Prevent login pop up when rightclicking tray icon?

Options
jm8thew
jm8thew
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have multiple vaults on my system (lets call them A and B ). All with their own different keys (not a primary > secondary relationship). Whenever I right click the tray icon to try and switch to Vault B, it pop ups a prompt for my key to Vault A. Hitting cancel drops me back to desktop.

This is different from the left click behavior. If I left click, the prompt appears, I click cancel and it opens the application window. Now at this point I can switch to a different vault and right click the tray icon to see the menu I was expecting to see.

Ideally I'd like to see the right click menu when right clicking instead of the unlock pop up. The left click behavior is as I'd expect.

Is there a setting that determines this behavior?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: None

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jm8thew,

There's no settings available to adjust this behavior. This is happening when the main program hasn't been started yet, it'll open the main program regardless of which right/left click you'd use. Once the program has been started, the later clicks will trigger the tray app.

It's a part of our authentication between two separate programs and we'd like to overhaul this for the next version of 1Password for Windows we're working on but we can't promise anything for now. We're planning to make it seamless and be more consistent.

This discussion has been closed.