folder sync

hello im interested in purchasing outright 1password which i will use on a windows 10 pc and an ipad air running ios9. i do not have wi-fi on my computer and do not wish to use dropbox. Can you please explain how folder sync works and whether this would be the way to ensure the data is synced between my devices. from what i can see i can't sync through itunes

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how does folder sync work

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jennibee: iOS devices cannot "folder sync". The only means to sync data between 1Password for iOS and the 1Password 4 for Windows desktop app are Dropbox and Wi-Fi Sync:

1Password sync options

Provided your iPad and PC are connected to the same network, the PC doesn't actually have to have Wi-Fi to use Wi-Fi Sync to transfer your data manually (though the iPad will obviously be using Wi-Fi). However, Wi-Fi Sync does depend on your network environment being configured correctly. Otherwise the devices will be unable to communicate.

Dropbox, on the other hand, can sync your data in the background automatically just as long as you have an internet connection.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• jennibee
    jennibee
    Community Member

Hello Brenty thank you so much for your advice I'd completely misunderstood the wifi sync. you've cleared that up for me and I'll now go ahead and purchase. Awesome customer service and support - thanks very much I really appreciate it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're totally welcome, and thank you for your kind words! I'm glad I was able to help, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.