if my hotmail account is hacked, can i lock it using 1password app?

Options
shacksta01
shacksta01
Community Member

if any of my accounts is hacked, can i lock that account using my 1password app on my iphone? example, if i feel someone has hacked my hotmail email, or playstation account, can i change my password details using my 1password app and lock that account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:lock account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

if any of my accounts is hacked, can i lock that account using my 1password app on my iphone? example, if i feel someone has hacked my hotmail email, or playstation account, can i change my password details using my 1password app and lock that account?

@shacksta01: Not exactly. 1Password can help you avoid these sorts of attacks happening in the first place, and recovering from such an attack in a few different ways:

Using a long, strong, unique password for each site ensures that no one can guess your password. And one account being compromised will not affect others due to password reuse. 1Password makes this easy by generating, storing, and filling ridiculous passwords you'd never be able to create, remember, or quickly type on your own. Finally, 1Password makes it easier for you to find and update a password for a login that may have been compromised. Since your data is encrypted, someone can't access your vault without your Master Password.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.